• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on the birth cert

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anissa98

What is the name of your state? CA

I recently broke up with my ex and she is keeping our 9yr old daughter away from me. I am not the biological parent but I am on the birth certificate and did take care of her for 8 yrs. Do I have custody rights?

rmet4nzkx

anissa98 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I recently broke up with my ex and she is keeping our 9yr old daughter away from me. I am not the biological parent but I am on the birth certificate and did take care of her for 8 yrs. Do I have custody rights?
Were you married? Has paternity been established? Is the biodad paying child support or any visitation? It is possible to file for visitation as a defacto parent because you have a significant relationship, but it can be a very difficult and expensive fight. Here is a link to California courts go to your county and to the family law section, contact the family law facilitators office. Contact a family law attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">