• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BM wants to sign over parental rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dawnnky

What is the name of your state? Kentucky
my hubby and his ex-wife have been divorced for 11 yrs. they have jt custody on 11 yr old daughter and 15 & 13 yr old sons. the 2 boys live with us and the girl with the mom. we have physical custody of the boys and she has physical custody of the daughter. she will not let us see the daughter and she does not see the boys. not by our doing but her own choice. she is too wrapped up in her own job and boyfriend to want to be bothered with them. i mentioned to her about just signing over her rights to them and she said whatever i have to do. what are the "laws" for them to sign over parental rights? i need to find out where i can get the wording so we can type up the papers ourselves because we just dont have money for an attorney- thanks dawn

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Pretty much for her to get out of paying support you would have to adopt the children. Which is really not a do-it-yourself project.

D

Dawnnky

she isnt paying child support at all they agreed since she has the one girl and he has the 2 boys that neither would pay child support. would that make any difference?

kat1963

Of course she said okay. Then as soon as it's done, your husband can start paying her support for the one child that does live with her.
KAT

VeronicaGia

kat1963 said:
Of course she said okay. Then as soon as it's done, your husband can start paying her support for the one child that does live with her.
KAT
Ditto.

Also, if she doesn't see the boys, what's the point in terminating her rights? If your husband has a visitation order to see the daughter, he needs to exercise that right, even if it means he files contempt of court on the ex.

What judge split the kids up like this?

D

Dawnnky

the judge didnt split them up she did. she has had sole custoday since their divorce with the exception of the time they have lived with us. the boys got into a lot of trouble with school adn the law and they were going after her for the trouble. she called to us crying (we knew nothing about it all) about what was going on and they were to live with us until the end of school adn she decided that she wanted her "freedom" now she has a steady boyfriend and is livign in his house (for over 2 yrs) has a job that she actually likes, adn that is why she agreed to let the one boy live with her. the 15 yr old told her no he didnt want to live with her. the 13 yr old has always been mamma's boy and has always wanted to live with her. but she decided that they were "better off" here than with her now she is changing her mind.

nextwife

Mybe he should get her to lock in his sole custody of the boys in writing and by the court.

Last edited:

kat1963

I'm confused..you stated she wants to TPR, then you state she has changed her mind & wants custody back.

KAT

D

Dawnnky

yes this is the problem with her. for the past month she told the 13 yr old he could come live with her. moved out of her b-friends house to an apartment supposedly for her son to come live with her. (this was to happen after school is out on May 23rd) now a week before the 13 yr old is to come and live with her she lied to the kids about still living in her apartment -- we found out she is back with this boyfriend who is abusive -verbally adn physically-- that is why the 13 yr old wasnt allowed to move in with her until she moved. now she is back with this idiot and doesn't want anything to do with EITHER of the kids. she said she wanted to sign them over. which this whole situation has gotten so ridiculous it is crazy. i wish she would just disappear and leave them alone and quit playing head games with these kids.

B

Boxcarbill

Dawnnky said:
she said she wanted to sign them over. which this whole situation has gotten so ridiculous it is crazy. i wish she would just disappear and leave them alone and quit playing head games with these kids.
\

Look at the upside of all this. She is preparing them for real life when one day they too will be the parent warring with the other parent and playing head games with the kids.

G

Grampsx13

I think I have deciphered 99.9% of everything you have said. "One' question though. "Is the BM 'also' wanting to give up her parental rights to the 'daughter' to the BF as well"?

D

Dawnnky

no she wants my husband to sign over his rights to the daughter which he wont do because he wants to see her. it is the bm's boyfriend that doesn't want the daughter to have anything to do with us. which that doesnt bother me what he says becuase we have a court order saying we get to see her everyother weekend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">