• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

BOYFRIEND WANTS TO ADOPT MY DAUGHTER

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BURLEYWG

i live in ohio. i have a 7 yr. old daughter. her real father has a history of violence and also a prison record. i have a restraining order against him. he has not seen her since she was 7 mo. old. the court ordered him to pay support, that he has only paid maybe 6 times. he is allowed no visitations with her. his name is not on her birth certificate. my question is, i am getting married and my fiance would like to adopt my daughter, can he adopt her without my daughters biological father's signature?
thank you

[Edited by BURLEYWG on 03-22-2001 at 12:59 AM]

L

lawrat

If this real dad's parental rights were not terminated, there is not much you can do.

Sooooo.....you need to either have him terminate his parental rights voluntarily through a simple court process.

OR you go to court, via a family law attorney, and get the court to terminate his rights on abandonment issues.

http://www.attorneypages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">