• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Brand New Baby (8 Year Old) Boy!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ssmith061

Last month, my fiance' found out that he has another 8 year old son. He already has one son (also eight) which he pays child support for. His new son's mother stole his parental rights away from him for eight years (she even named him after another man), but the state (Washington, DC) is still penalizing him by making him pay them back for the new mother having been on State Assistance (Welfare)! This is unfair. I'd like to know if he can file a motion to reduce the cost based on the negligence of the mother. I'd also like to find out if he can reduce the payments to his first child based on the fact that he has another child now who also requires funds. He spends time with them, but has no money for them when they are with him. He just needs some relief.

[Edited by ssmith061 on 02-02-2001 at 03:05 PM]

S

swthoss

Has a paternity test been done? If not he needs to get one.

Is this other man's name on the birth certificate? Or did this other guy adopt the child? If so he may be responsible to pay.

He really should get an Atty. Even if it is his son, and he has to pay, he should get visitation order through the court so he can see the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">