• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Breastfeeding deadlock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

REZEEB

My ex moved out of state taking my newborn daughter with her...I cannot afford to make many trips to see my daughter yet want to very badly...I am not legally permitted any extended visits away from my baby's mother due to her claim to be breastfeeding...I am skeptical that she really is and think she only pretends to be to keep me from seeing my baby.Can I prove that she is or is not breastfeeding in court? Can the courts order a medical exam? After she is done breastfeeding will the courts give me time with my daughter to make amends for the time lost up till now? Is my ex responsible for half of the travel expenses to get my daughter to me considering it was her who relocated? Please help! Thanks so so so much!
A wanting loving father!

LegalBeagle

REZEEB said:
My ex moved out of state taking my newborn daughter with her...I cannot afford to make many trips to see my daughter yet want to very badly...I am not legally permitted any extended visits away from my baby's mother due to her claim to be breastfeeding...I am skeptical that she really is and think she only pretends to be to keep me from seeing my baby.Can I prove that she is or is not breastfeeding in court? Can the courts order a medical exam? After she is done breastfeeding will the courts give me time with my daughter to make amends for the time lost up till now? Is my ex responsible for half of the travel expenses to get my daughter to me considering it was her who relocated? Please help! Thanks so so so much!
A wanting loving father!
No you can not force an exam. No, the courts will not make up for lost time. Yes you can get her to pay some of the travel expenses if you file a visitation petition with the courts and ask for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">