• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

brother in jail, kids need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

slobigsis

What is the name of your state? California

My brother is in jail, but his girls are with their mom who doesn't care for them and uses my brother's girlfriend and my sister to watch them whenever it is convenient for her.We have reported to Child services that they were in the home where she was shot at. They researched it and she subsequently moved in with her folks. Now she lives in one house while the girls live in another and CS says that it is her right to have the kids stay wherever she wants.

My brother wants to have my other brother and his wife take temporary custody until he gets out of jail, (a couple of months). The girls are in LA county now and my other brother lives in Northern California. My jailed brother would be paroled to Northern California if the girls are there.

Is there anything that we can do to arrange this temporary custody? Does my brother in jail still have any rights? They are not legally divorced yet?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Wonderful. A father who is in prison, and a skank for a mother who has people shooting at her. This must be happening in East Los Angeles.

If I had my choice, those kids wouldn't be anywhere near any of you. You all sound dysfunctional. Obviously, putting those kids into the hands of a convict is not going to be the court's first choice.

IAAL

S

slobigsis

Thanks for your help - NOT!

Thanks "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE". Your comments just disturbed me and didn't help me. I didn't think responses like yours were allowed.

I know that my brother is a loser and our relationship has been strained at best - he seems to be repenting now, so I'm trying not to judge.

And no this is not happening in East LA, but in Lancaster/Palmdale.

Any other advise from someone more helpful would be appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Thanks for your help - NOT!

slobigsis said:

Thanks "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE".

Your comments just disturbed me and didn't help me.

MY RESPONSE: They were meant to "disturb" and to wake your stupid ass up!

I didn't think responses like yours were allowed.

MY RESPONSE: Well, now you know. When it comes to children, I'll say or do anything to save them from stupid people like you, your brother, and the rest of your dysfunctional family. Trailer people like you should be swept away.

I know that my brother is a loser and our relationship has been strained at best

MY RESPONSE: So, you know he's a "loser", but yet you want the children in his care. Oh, that makes a lot of sense. Are you that incredibly stupid? Just how the hell do YOU think a felon, and convict, is going to care for children. Hell, lady, he'll barely be able to take care of himself! What, do you think employers are going to beat a path to his door?

- he seems to be repenting now, so I'm trying not to judge.

MY RESPONSE: "Repenting" - - what a bunch of bullsh*t. He'll be back in the "system" before your next birthday. Okay, if you don't want to judge, then I will - - as a representative of "society", I "judge" him to be a "LOSER", just like YOU said.

And no this is not happening in East LA, but in Lancaster/Palmdale.

MY RESPONSE: Same thing. Palmdale, like East L.A., is nothing more than a ghetto.

IAAL

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">