• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA please help me with a few custody questions.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jorge909

Hi im in california, well my girlfriend and i are finally having some problems and its looking like its going to lead to each of us going our own ways, were not married but we do have a beautiful 1 yr old daughter.

basically she feels we did everything too fast and wants to see what else is out there, so were splitting, but my major concern is our daughter. i actually just recently caught her talking to some other man, she actually took the baby with her to meet him, now im pleading with her that if she goes and does whatever shes doing to not take the baby, so were discussing custody now, shes actually considering giving me the baby because she still wants to mess around. heres my problem besides all that i mentioned.

i never signed the birth certificate and now its a year later, whats going to happen when i do take actions on signing the papers, will i get hit with child support, or what can overcome of all this. she says that im a good provider and that shes not going to make me pay child support but sometimes women say something and do another. please help.

any advice or comments would be appreciated, thanks.What is the name of your state?

casa

Hi im in california, well my girlfriend and i are finally having some problems and its looking like its going to lead to each of us going our own ways, were not married but we do have a beautiful 1 yr old daughter.

basically she feels we did everything too fast and wants to see what else is out there, so were splitting, but my major concern is our daughter. i actually just recently caught her talking to some other man, she actually took the baby with her to meet him, now im pleading with her that if she goes and does whatever shes doing to not take the baby, so were discussing custody now, shes actually considering giving me the baby because she still wants to mess around. heres my problem besides all that i mentioned.

i never signed the birth certificate and now its a year later, whats going to happen when i do take actions on signing the papers, will i get hit with child support, or what can overcome of all this. she says that im a good provider and that shes not going to make me pay child support but sometimes women say something and do another. please help.

any advice or comments would be appreciated, thanks.What is the name of your state?
You need to establish Paternity, Custody & Visitation. You can do that by filing the proper paperwork & going through the Courts to establish a Court Order. Child support will be assigned per CA state guideline/formula. (You can find a child support calculator online). Expect Mom to possibly go back on her agreements when she figures out that most likely the Non Custodial Parent will be paying the Custodial Parent child support regardless.

Once Custody/Visitation is set up...neither one of you can tell the other what to do during their parenting time. ie; she can go see whomever she wants & you have to trust that she'll be appropriate around the child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">