• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Calling ME Daddy - Responding to Pro so it's not "hijacking thread"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EmmeRose

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

In response to:
Quote Originally Posted by EmmeRose View Post
I didn't read all the posts but from experience, it all depends on the judge and even then, it's really hard to enforce it.
To my soon to be 8 year old daughter, I am d-bag and my fiance is a female dog. My ex is of course Mom as well as her fiance is Dad. I've brought it up in court as well as have it in writing that I am to be called Dad. It never works and all the judge says is "XX, please have (our daughter) refer to her biological father as Dad as well as your b/f by his first name and his g/f by her first name unless they prefer to be called something other than Mom or Dad." It is written up in one of our visitation modifications as well. It's all just words and writing, in real life, nothing has changed and no matter how many times it's brought up, the judge doesn't do anything about it except tell her to stop.

There is no way to enforce it so even in the few and far between phone calls it's "XXX, d-bag is on the phone."

Good luck to you and I hope it all works out for you.

Pro wrote:
Parent, come ON! It is NOT acceptable for a child to actually NAME someone...a PARENT no less, D-bag, nor any adult a bitch. (let's face it, kids will be kid and say rude words from time to time to each other)

How is she being punished at your house?

Edit: This is a hijack - sorry. Didn't realize. Ignore me.

Pro- I don't think you realize what I'm saying, it's her mother that will say "D-bag is on the phone." Her mother refers to me as D-bag and my fiance as a female dog. It has been that way since our daughter has been 4 years old. She still doesn't even understand to my knowledge what those words mean. When she is at my house, which doesn't happen that often, I will remind her that I am Daddy and my fiance is her first name. I've told her those words cannot be spoken at my house but it's hard for her to understand when that's all her mother calls me.

Her mother told the judge that it was just a joke when I brought it up. She even told the judge that our daughter doesn't understand what it means but it's just a joke.

Just Blue

In response to:
I didn't read all the posts but from experience, it all depends on the judge and even then, it's really hard to enforce it.
To my soon to be 8 year old daughter, I am d-bag and my fiance is a female dog. My ex is of course Mom as well as her fiance is Dad. I've brought it up in court as well as have it in writing that I am to be called Dad. It never works and all the judge says is "XX, please have (our daughter) refer to her biological father as Dad as well as your b/f by his first name and his g/f by her first name unless they prefer to be called something other than Mom or Dad." It is written up in one of our visitation modifications as well. It's all just words and writing, in real life, nothing has changed and no matter how many times it's brought up, the judge doesn't do anything about it except tell her to stop.

There is no way to enforce it so even in the few and far between phone calls it's "XXX, d-bag is on the phone."

Pro wrote:
Parent, come ON! It is NOT acceptable for a child to actually NAME someone...a PARENT no less, D-bag, nor any adult a bitch. (let's face it, kids will be kid and say rude words from time to time to each other)

Pro- I don't think you realize what I'm saying, it's her mother that will say "D-bag is on the phone." Her mother refers to me as D-bag and my fiance as a female dog. It has been that way since our daughter has been 4 years old. She still doesn't even understand to my knowledge what those words mean. When she is at my house, which doesn't happen that often, I will remind her that I am Daddy and my fiance is her first name. I've told her those words cannot be spoken at my house but it's hard for her to understand when that's all her mother calls me.

Her mother told the judge that it was just a joke when I brought it up. She even told the judge that our daughter doesn't understand what it means but it's just a joke.
So post on your OWN (already started) thread. And what you posted on the other?...is totally irrelevant to THAT person.

EmmeRose

It was not irrelevant...I was saying that it all depends on the judge. Your post right there was IRRELEVANT to MY post but thank you for speaking up.

Proserpina

In response to:

Pro wrote:

I apologize, yes, I did mix up the genders/parentage there - but still, it's absolutely craptacular parenting!

She's going to realize what those words mean (in that context) when she goes to school and calls her teacher a d-bag or a female dog. It seems only a matter of time, unfortunately.

Proserpina

And now that it's all been clarified (like ghee), I'm reminded of the great song..

Close it, close it, close it......close it, close it, close it......close it, close it, close it, ADMIN! Or the OP but that didn't fit in the lyrics. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">