• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can agreement hold up in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CRYROSE1

What is the name of your state? iowa

my cousion and his ex mad a written agreement for him to see they baby whom is 10 months on mon,wed,fri, and one day on the weekend from 9am to 5pm in his home. she woudl bring the baby over or he had to pick up baby at her folks witch at the time is where she lived.
but now she moved 20 miles across town and says it is to far to take the baby and my cousion does not drive he had been having my 65 year old grnadpartents helping him get they baby but they live 20 mile from him so that makes it a 40 mile one way trip everyother day and they really cant do it. she also will not tell him her address or phone number.
he is on ssi diablity so he cant pay for a lawyer.

i just want to know if he can find a lawyer to help him will this agreement do any good??

Grace_Adler

No, the agreement will not hold up in court. He needs a court order. He needs to go file for custody and visitation. I would bring up that he has been a part of the child's life regularly and now she refuses to let him see the child. If he can't afford to hire an attorney I would still recommend getting a consult, they can also tell him how to file himself.

C

CRYROSE1

thanks

i was not sure if he can file with out an attny on this one. i was afraid it would not hold up. i keep telling him to just call a lawyer but i think he is afraid and he also is not very smart not to be mean to him. that is why he is on ssi dis. he has a very low iq score that in the goverments eyes is mental retarted, but if that is the case i know lots more people i can add to there list.

i just dont want to see that little boy grow up with out his dad i have even had the baby for the weekend once or twice. i might even call his ex's parent and see if she will call me back. i can offer to help on the weekends.

thanks

C

CRYROSE1

me too

i hope we get every thing all worked out too.
i think i should write a book on my soap opera life with my family.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">