• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can it be considered as part of child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jamj2

I reside in California, which is also the same state my divorce was filed in. My daughter (13) lives in Las Vegas, and every last weekend of the month I pay to fly her out here and back. A couple weeks after the World Trade Center attacks, her mother said she would not be flying any longer. My daughter explained that she was somewhat nevous, and her mother explained my daughter would not fly until she was satisfied my daughter was safe. I explained to me daughter that I understood, and she did not have to fly until she felt okay with it. In the mean time, my only option for seeing my daughter is traveling to Las Vegas. Her mother does not want her coming down by bus or train. Yet, traveling to Las Vegas involves, the cost of an airline, motel, rental car, meals, and entertainment. I previously visited my daughter this way before she started flying. It is expensive, and does not make for a nice visit. I have the sole responsibility of the cost of seeing my daughter whether she flies or I have to go see her. Can those costs be included in what I pay monthly for child support? Thanks, J2

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">