• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can court override decision from one state to the next

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kate50

What is the name of your state? OH My 14 year old son has been living with his biological father for the past 3 1/2 years.We have 2 sons together (never married) and the oldest son 16 lives with me. 12 years in the state of california where my children were born i went to court in Santa Clara county for custody which i was granted. My son went to Florida temporarily and now the father who has never established paternity nor paid child support and has 2 strikes against him for domestic violence regarding me and an open felony warrant in the state of California (California or Florida will not extradite at this time)
will not return my child to me. I filed the court documents from California in Florida (Pinellas County). Does the court have to abide by the California court and can I obtain an emergency pick up order and go get my son. The father does not let me speak to him and has disconnected his phone and will not answer his cell phone for over 4 months now.

JETX

Does the court have to abide by the California court and can I obtain an emergency pick up order and go get my son.
Complex and emotional issues that should not be done without the proper services of a local (Florida) attorney. Contact the FL state bar for a referral to a local attorney. He should be able to present the California court order to the Florida court and, absent some unusual circumstances, the FL court should comply with the CA order.

CourtClerk

What is the name of your state? OH My 14 year old son has been living with his biological father for the past 3 1/2 years.We have 2 sons together (never married) and the oldest son 16 lives with me. 12 years in the state of california where my children were born i went to court in Santa Clara county for custody which i was granted. My son went to Florida temporarily and now the father who has never established paternity nor paid child support and has 2 strikes against him for domestic violence regarding me and an open felony warrant in the state of California (California or Florida will not extradite at this time)
will not return my child to me. I filed the court documents from California in Florida (Pinellas County). Does the court have to abide by the California court and can I obtain an emergency pick up order and go get my son. The father does not let me speak to him and has disconnected his phone and will not answer his cell phone for over 4 months now.
How were you granted custody if paternity was never established???? Something stinks about this whole post.

If paternity was never established, you didn't NEED to go to court to establish custody. There is much MUCH more to this story than the OP is telling.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
She has also lost custody of children in Nevada even though in that post she was married in Idaho. Look poster how about you keep all your posts together. Here is her other post:
What is the name of your state? Ohio. Recently (after 2 1/2 years)went trhough custody and divorce in the State of Nevada. Ex husband did not get custody (domestic violence) and I did not get custody after being abused for 8 years but ex husbands son lied on the stand and said that I had struck his father. My now 10 year old son was living with his grandmother through this ordeal. Grandmother sought permanent custody in the middle of my custody hearing and court granted grandmother permanent custody of my son. Presented case to Supreme court and after 7 months I just received decision that that will uphold district court in Elko Nevada decision. Supreme court sited case law for the state of Nevada. All the years of our marriage was in the State of Idaho. I only lived in Nevada for 6 months and then left and moved to Ohio. I have seventeen days to respond to the decision of the Supreme Court. Do I have any recourse regarding there decision. I have never been convicted of domestic violence(my ex has had numerous TPO's filed against him in Idaho and Nevada). Because someone lied about me I have lost custody of my child.Can the state of Nevada use case law from Nevada when all of the incidents throughout our marriage were in the state of Idaho. Is there any case law in Idaho that I can use to respond?
Poster you have serious issues.

casa

CA has Jurisdiction of this case....any attempts otherwise are just costly, time consuming & futile. FL will cede to CA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">