• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can father give temp. guardianship to grandma?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rondakiley

What is the name of your state? Fl
I live in Florida, but Oregon retains jurisdiction over our custody case. I wrote a post a few months ago, but now things have drastically changed. Father has been living in Lousianna and was going to be moving back to Oregon. At the time of the last post I was having problems getting my fair share of visitation for the summer. I needed to get a revised parenting plan, but because of the circumstances I had to wait because he was going to be moving back to Oregon. Now he has changed his plans and just informed me he will be staying in New Orleans and is going to leave our 8 year old son with his mother for the semester of school he needs to finish. His mother lives in Oregon. He does not want to take our son because he doesn't want him to have to transfer schools in the middle of the year. I think he should be with me not his mother. What do I do now? Can he do this with out my consent. I was going to go back to mediation in Oregon for a detailed parenting plan since our plan was so vague, but now my concern is our son being with Grandma for 6 months seeing me and his dad only a couple of times. I want to file for custody, but don't know who I need to talk to about this....an Oregon lawyer....or a Lousianna lawyer. Can he legally give her temporary guardianship without my consent? Can I file an emergency hearing to stop this decision? Thank you for any advice.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Fl
I live in Florida, but Oregon retains jurisdiction over our custody case. I wrote a post a few months ago, but now things have drastically changed. Father has been living in Lousianna and was going to be moving back to Oregon. At the time of the last post I was having problems getting my fair share of visitation for the summer. I needed to get a revised parenting plan, but because of the circumstances I had to wait because he was going to be moving back to Oregon. Now he has changed his plans and just informed me he will be staying in New Orleans and is going to leave our 8 year old son with his mother for the semester of school he needs to finish. His mother lives in Oregon. He does not want to take our son because he doesn't want him to have to transfer schools in the middle of the year. I think he should be with me not his mother. What do I do now? Can he do this with out my consent. I was going to go back to mediation in Oregon for a detailed parenting plan since our plan was so vague, but now my concern is our son being with Grandma for 6 months seeing me and his dad only a couple of times. I want to file for custody, but don't know who I need to talk to about this....an Oregon lawyer....or a Lousianna lawyer. Can he legally give her temporary guardianship without my consent? Can I file an emergency hearing to stop this decision? Thank you for any advice.
You need to file an an emergency motion for temporary custody, in OR, based on the fact that dad intends to live separately from the child for a semester. You really need an attorney to do this properly. Get one hired ASAP.

rondakiley

You need to file an an emergency motion for temporary custody, in OR, based on the fact that dad intends to live separately from the child for a semester. You really need an attorney to do this properly. Get one hired ASAP.
Thank you very much I am going to find one now!:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">