• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I bring my daughter home if we verbally agreed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kristy316

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Florida, my daughters mom lives in NJ.

We have joint physical custody, however I have had residential custody for the past 9 mo. The order was for 1 year, to end 8/2012.
However, while living with me, my daughter sexually assaulted my 3 year old son, and faced criminal charges. Her mother wanted her home sooner than the 1 year I was granted, I agreed she shouldnt be in my house with my small kids, but b/c she had a lot of court ordered therapy/probation to attend, and her mother doesnt drive, we agreed she stay with me only until her case was closed, then return home to her mom in NJ.

the case closed last month, and her mom said she now dont want her back until the original time in Aug. ( she wants her summer free)... but my daughter cannot live in my home with small kids after what she did as I fear shes a threat to them. Her mom insists on August, doesnt care about my situation, and cut off all communication.

I wish to return her home at the original agreed upon time this month, whether she likes it or not. I called the police in her town, they told me I am allowed to take her home bc we have joint custody, and if moms not home, i could take her to the police and they will call mom and tell her she must come get our daughter. Is this true?

my daughter wants to go home, i feel it best she goes home bc of the fear shell abuse the smaller kids again, and her mom has no other kids. my daughter is 14 years old. i want to make sure that legally/criminally i cannot get in any trouble for taking her home.

BL

No kidding!
Looks like Mom will get her summers free of the 14 yr. old , if she refuses to take the child sooner.

Don't take a chance on leaving her at the police station unless you want possible abandonment circumstances.

So , how's therapy going ?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I live in Florida, my daughters mom lives in NJ.

We have joint physical custody, however I have had residential custody for the past 9 mo. The order was for 1 year, to end 8/2012.
However, while living with me, my daughter sexually assaulted my 3 year old son, and faced criminal charges. Her mother wanted her home sooner than the 1 year I was granted, I agreed she shouldnt be in my house with my small kids, but b/c she had a lot of court ordered therapy/probation to attend, and her mother doesnt drive, we agreed she stay with me only until her case was closed, then return home to her mom in NJ.
Ummm, kristy are you really dad? Or are you dad's new wife/lover/girlfriend?
the case closed last month, and her mom said she now dont want her back until the original time in Aug. ( she wants her summer free)... but my daughter cannot live in my home with small kids after what she did as I fear shes a threat to them. Her mom insists on August, doesnt care about my situation, and cut off all communication.
Yet she has been living in the same house with the children all this time and what has happened? Basically that has been an excuse. If the children were really at danger dad, their mother could have removed them from the house while your daughter lived with you.

I wish to return her home at the original agreed upon time this month, whether she likes it or not. I called the police in her town, they told me I am allowed to take her home bc we have joint custody, and if moms not home, i could take her to the police and they will call mom and tell her she must come get our daughter. Is this true?
You are pathetic. Extremely pathetic. You want to abandon your daughter at the police station even though she has remained in your home during the counseling and therapy and dealing with criminal charges. Oh and if you dropped your child off there, be aware that the police can become involved and you can face criminal charges.
my daughter wants to go home, i feel it best she goes home bc of the fear shell abuse the smaller kids again, and her mom has no other kids. my daughter is 14 years old. i want to make sure that legally/criminally i cannot get in any trouble for taking her home.
Legally, the court order controls. If you pulled that stunt, I would be in court so quickly to get rid of all of your visitation so that you would NOT see your child at all if you left her at the police station. And criminally you could be arrested and charged for leaving your child at the police station.
So why are you bailing now when your child has remained in your home all this time? If you are actually dad, Kristy. Which I highly doubt.

ecmst12

I just keep thinking about what kind of HORRIBLE things must have happened to this child to drive her to molest a 3 year old when she's only 14 herself, who was molesting HER when SHE was 3, and what did her parents do to protect her from THAT. And why does no one seem to care about this child's needs and mental health whatsoever but just wants to dump her off whereever they can. I'm completely apalled.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">