• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i bring text messages as an evidence to court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

I have to disagree with that. Anyway who has been on these forums long enough to have a high post count, has to be reasonably accurate in what they post. Otherwise the admin would have booted them long ago.
Agreed. At least on FA...Other forums are not so "quick" to remove the idiots. Hence Fa has the best rep...;)

alleonm

my x is tellin me that i've also violated the court order by simply picking up my 2yo son at the preschool while shes at work she says that it doesnt state on the court order that we currently have that says i have to be at her place on fridays when i visit my son.... but how can i do that when my son is at a preschool...

CJane

If the order says you're to visit at her home on Friday from 3-7, then that's what you should be doing. If she's working, you should have filed for a modification to allow for that.

I think you're on thin ice with this one.

1) I don't think you have a shot at ALL of 50/50. 2) I don't think you have a shot at ALL of Mom being found in contempt.

alleonm

Actually my should be the one filing for a change or modifications she's the one @work n not being home on fri so she's the one violating the court order..

LdiJ

Actually my should be the one filing for a change or modifications she's the one @work n not being home on fri so she's the one violating the court order..
No, regarding this particular issue you are. She may be violating the order in other ways, but on this particular issues you are.

HI

I am in SF Bay Area, but not San Mateo County.

If your court orders say visitation is at her house between 3-7 pm on Fridays, but she's at work, then go to mediation and ask for visitation times to change. Currently it sounds like BOTH of you are in contempt for not trying to work this out. Clearly the situation changed from the time the order was written.

So both of you need to work out a new visitation schedule and both of you stop with the contempt motions. That's what mediation is for - to work out things before you get to the actual court hearing so you don't waste a bunch of time in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">