• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I do this for pick up/drop off?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

modad75

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mo

The ncp is required to pick up and drop off the kids at their primary residence, my house. However, the mom has vandalized my home twice now when she comes and gets them and I'm tired of fixing things and the kids being present seeing this happen when she comes.

Can I tell ncp that she is not allowed on our property to help reduce the vandalism, that she can park on the side of the curb and when she is close/pulling up she can call me and I will walk the girls out to her and when she brings them home she can call when she is pulling up and I will walk out and get the girls. And if this doesn't stop it, I would see about requesting a different pickup/drop off location all together to prevent any damages/harm.

Would this be something I can do?

Thanks for the help.

CJane

If she's vandalizing your home IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN, you should be filing for a restraining order. In that order, request a public drop-off/pick-up location that's between the both of you.

Do that tomorrow. An ex parte restraining order is almost guaranteed to happen, and then you'll have a hearing on it. If it's not granted at the hearing, file a motion to modify the specified pickup/dropoff.

Until then, call the county sheriff and request a domestic standby @ your house when mom is supposed to picking up/dropping off. They should send out a deputy to be present (silently and in his car).

modad75

I'm not sure if what she has done will grant an order or protection? However, she is doing this right in front of our kids.

- after getting the girls in her truck when she went to drive off, she drove into my front yard and spun her tires causing ruts, a vadalism report for this was made and I took pictures before fixing

- she punched the vehicle, only causing damage to her hand

- my daughter took a purse with a few things in it... when they got into the truck mom took the purse and took each thing out of the purse and threw it out her truck window into our yard

- she punched the screen door ripping the screen out

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I'm not sure if what she has done will grant an order or protection? However, she is doing this right in front of our kids.

- after getting the girls in her truck when she went to drive off, she drove into my front yard and spun her tires causing ruts, a vadalism report for this was made and I took pictures before fixing

- she punched the vehicle, only causing damage to her hand

- my daughter took a purse with a few things in it... when they got into the truck mom took the purse and took each thing out of the purse and threw it out her truck window into our yard

- she punched the screen door ripping the screen out
Call the police each and every time. IMMEDIATELY when she has done such things.

LdiJ

Call the police each and every time. IMMEDIATELY when she has done such things.
I agree about the yard ruts and the screen door, but I am not sure that her punching her own vehicle or throwing things out of the child's purse into the yard qualify as any sort of vandalism.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I agree about the yard ruts and the screen door, but I am not sure that her punching her own vehicle or throwing things out of the child's purse into the yard qualify as any sort of vandalism.
I thought she punched HIS vehicle not her own. The concern about the purse incident is it could be considered abusive towards the child and such behavior is not acceptable.

CJane

True. I agree. I figured her being arrested would also stop them but your idea is better.
Oh, I don't think an arrest is AT ALL likely. Not in MO... not for something as minor as driving through someone's yard.

OP - what county are you in?

futuredust

Oh, I don't think an arrest is AT ALL likely. Not in MO... not for something as minor as driving through someone's yard.

OP - what county are you in?
Do disorderly conduct and disturbing the peace not factor here as well?

Destruction of private property?

CJane

Honestly, it depends on where this guy is.

True story. A friend of mine was going through a terrible divorce. Her STBX was convinced that I knew where she was hiding from him, and so he pulled his truck into my front yard, about 5 feet from the front door, blared his horn til I came outside, and was standing there with a rifle in his hand SCREAMING at me to tell him where his wife was.

Deputy shows up, talks the guy down, issues him a WARNING and sends him on his way. After that, the guy took to standing up the road with gun in hand, watching the house w/binoculars waiting for his wife to show up.

Deputy shows up, determines that the guy is on public property (the shoulder of the road) that he had the required permit to hunt/carry the gun, and told me not to worry about it, that once the divorce was final, the guy would probably settle down.

SO - while it's likely that a judge would sign off on a restraining order as a preemptive strike against potential escalation of Mom's behavior (people usually behave better in public than private), it's highly unlikely that Mom would be arrested for her behavior unless she actually assaults Dad, does significant damage to property (and I'm talking REALLY significant), or something like that.

LdiJ

People don't get arrested for "yard jobs" in my area either. If they do get arrested, its because of being under the influence or something else that goes along with the "yard job".

futuredust

Honestly, it depends on where this guy is.

True story.
Amazing isn't it.. It is unreal what some can and do get away with.

I have an NCO on daughters ex, who threatened to kill me with a baseball bat, after sinking my daughters teeth to the back of her throat- 50k in reconstructive surgery.

He moved in across the street from me, I had to take the order to the prosecutor then ask him explain to the local pd just what that 100 yards meant before he was removed and taken to jail. That was the second time- the first time there was a different prosecutor (now the judge) who told me to set up a video camera in my living room to tape his psychotic arse standing in the road drunk and screaming at 2am

LdiJ

Amazing isn't it.. It is unreal what some can and do get away with.

I have an NCO on daughters ex, who threatened to kill me with a baseball bat, after sinking my daughters teeth to the back of her throat- 50k in reconstructive surgery.

He moved in across the street from me, I had to take the order to the prosecutor then ask him explain to the local pd just what that 100 yards meant before he was removed and taken to jail. That was the second time- the first time there was a different prosecutor (now the judge) who told me to set up a video camera in my living room to tape his psychotic arse standing in the road drunk and screaming at 2am
He certainly sounds like a "prince".:eek:

modad75

Thanks for the replies, been at work so haven't been able to reply.

I am in Greene County.

I called the police for the yard damage and a report was filed. I didn't call about her punching the vehicle since it was her own (yes it was in front of the girls and in my property, but the damage was to her own body and vehicle if anything) and didn't call about the screen door or the throwing my daughters items in the yard (pictures were taken, yet won't do any good, but just for own documentation of all occurences). I am afraid of calling the police for every thing she does, as I don't want it to look as though I'm looking for anything to get her taken away, as that's not the case. The girls need their mom, but don't need to see her behaving this way, so thought the curb approach first might be a start.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">