• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get legal guardianship/custody from parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

schutda

What is the name of your state? Il
My "used" to be good friend of several years gave me guardianship of her 16 year old gay son for the last 6 months. How I ended up with him was the following;
He lived with his mom who is white as well as the 16 year old, the mom has three children who are black in which they are all siblings. The problem is, the 16 year old who is gay was beat by the 15 year old black brother who out weighs him by 100 pounds. The 15 year old black brother went to detention for beating the 16 year old gay child. When he completed his 10 day stay in detention the 16 year old gay child was so afraid he ended up in the hospital. They first thought he had a stroke, but it wasnt, he becomes so afraid of his 15 year olf brother, because of years of abuse of this child he becomes catonic, where his eyes roll in the back of his head and he blanks everything out, sorry I forgot the medical term for it, he is usually in this state for several hours then comes out of it. Well I was at the hospital with his mom and another friend when the 16 year old asked if he could stay with me for a while. His mother agreed because she is not financially stable and her other kids are in constant trouble. She doesnt do allot for any of her kids. Well the 16 year old wants to get into the medical field and our local high school has a program for medical training and the town he lives in doesnt. His mom then gave me guardianship papers so I could enroll him in our school. He has done very well in our home, good grades and is a great kid. He recently had a falling out with his mom over sending a christmas card to his little brother and not the rest of his siblings, she has only had one contact with him in person and three phone calls in which each time the mother called him homosexual names I cant type here. The problem. since I heard the comments she made and questioned her on it she pulled him out of school had no contact with him until I received an order of protection stating the 16 year old and I cant have contact any longer. Chassy has been involved, our police department is involved and they all agree he should remain in my custody. The child refuses to go to either parents, the father hasnt had much of a relationship and he was never married to the mother and also agreed he should stay with me. The mother will only allow him to go to places of her choice in which the majority of those people are drug users. Is there a chance I can get guardianship/custody of this child. I am worried sick about this child. The order of protection doesnt even really deal with me it's one of my employees that she has a problem with and she says she doesnt want the 16 year old to be around, this person happened to be one of the mothers best friends and also lived with them for two years. She had a fallen out with him this past Thanksgiving. Chassy who had tried to talk her into letting the child remain with me hasnt been successful. It got so bad I had to have her arrested because of harassment at work and on the phone. When I did that she had the order of protection served on me. We go to court February 1st. So the bottom line is, do I have a chance in putting this child back in my home. The Police department is suppose to contact someone on my behalf next week, but this is really hurting me badly and I'm looking for some advise. If anyone can help me I would certainly appreciate it.

schutda

It doesnt, I just wanted to state all the facts. Being that the 16 year old is gay being the main reason for all his problems, his siblings have issues with it which is way he was beat up and his mother calling him homosexual names.

ceara19

The child is NOT yours. Unless the parents are a danger to him, they get to keep him. Even if they were a PROVEN danger, the child would become a ward of the state and go into foster care.

schutda

So even the child has no right to say where he wants to be? He has to risk getting beat up from his brother, to be ridiculed by his mother for being gay!

ceara19

So even the child has no right to say where he wants to be? He has to risk getting beat up from his brother, to be ridiculed by his mother for being gay!
CHILDREN don't just get to decide where they want to live. If they did, my daughter would be living at Disney World.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">