• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get a restraining order against ex's girlfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LeapinLizzie1

What is the name of your state? I'm in Louisiana and I've been divorced for 5 years. My ex-husbands live-in girlfriend went psycho on Valentines Day and started screaming at my 14 year old daughter calling her a b**** and a f-in b**** and assorted other names...there were other things and even my ex-husband admitted that it was the g/f that started it all..Their phone was disconnected, but neither one knew that I had given her a cell phone while she was there. It was in the camper in back. So my daughter went running and crying through the yard to the camper in back where she called me. The woman went running through the yard and chased her into the camper so she could continue screaming at her never realizing that she had a phone and that I was on the other end of it. This is what I heard ..."you f-in b**** your Momma doesn't know how to treat you or raise you...you need to learn how to respect your elders little girl...".. I called my son, who was closer to go get my daughter and bring her home...Before I could get hold of my ex-husband he called me and told me he had thrown the woman out..he said she would never be around her again. So I was okay with it. But I found out that this woman is still spending nights over there and I figure it's just a matter of time before he brings her around my child again. Then I called and she answered the phone. She made it very clear that she hates my child and she hates me..and my ex-husband verifies this and can't say why she hates me so much..only that she seems to view me as a threat (even though I'm engaged to someone else) and my daughter as competition. Needless to say, I really don't want to prevent my daughter from seeing her Dad, but do not want this woman around her. She doesn't seem very stabile. I'd like to file a restraining order, but am having trouble getting an answer as to whether I have a right to. We have joint custody with myself as domiciliary.

Thanks for any advice.

Im pretty certain you can file a request for an order that your ex husband have no females in his home while the child is visiting.

TSGTSWIFE

ENASNI

sure

thetsgtswife said:
Im pretty certain you can file a request for an order that your ex husband have no females in his home while the child is visiting.

TSGTSWIFE
Sure take this advice...
Then the Ex can ask for the reciprocal and then have fun being with your Fiance.

Sorry don't mean to be so snide...
There has got to be a way for you and your ex, who it sounds like you are on speaking terms with, to try to work this out.
As far as physical aspects of your daughter getting grabbed or hurt, your ex and your daughter need to know the right avenues to make sure that no "abuse" goes on.

Teenagers are difficult, and there is an element of jealousy when another "woman" comes between a girl's daddy and her... (nothing terrible here) just your basic Electra complex theory...
The GF is the one that has the growing up to do. Hopefully the father will see through this and talk to this lady about working with his daughter... or not let her around himself.

LeapinLizzie1

My ex and I are "sometimes" on speaking terms...he drinks a lot and then he'll slack off and when he slacks off he and I can talk. And he does love our daughter. And she loves him. I'm not sure that he has enough sense to keep this woman away and my daughter had to physically push this woman out of the camper until my son could get there to pick her up and get her out of there. My ex just wouldn't stand up to her until my daughter had left...(except to tell her to eat his s***)

btw, I agree with the women around her ...I don't mind him having women around her, I just mind one that will scream obscenities until she cries...it's not my daughter that feels like she's in competition..she's had problems with her Dad but never blamed the woman...it's the woman that's feeling like she's in some kind of competition...

thetsgtswife said:

TSGTSWIFE
I don't know if ANY females would be a good idea but you can request that THIS FEMALE go to anger management councling to help her work out her issues. You can request through the courts that this woman be not allowed contact with your daughter until she does so. It DOES seem to me that your ex realized a problem and kicked her out but he made the mistake of letting her back in. Usually when people have problems with their significant others ex it is not something that will go away if they just talk to them. If she is jelous she might always get jelous. One thing to consider though is does this happen a lot or is it the only time? Not trying to make excuses for the woman but most people have something to drink on Valentines day and she might have been a little drunk and you daughter might have just said one wrong thing and set her off. you should talk to your ex and get all of the details of the situation.

Good point, should have posted better, maybe an order asking that this particular person should not be around the child is better and the counseling is an even better idea.

I do understand the chances of this back firing on her and slapping her the face in her relationships I was just thinking of the child and what would work to keep her from situations like this.

I just know that hearing someone speaking to my child like that would push me into seeking some form of action whether it be an agreement with her EX or a court order.

Didnt think you were being snide, just thinking further ahead than I was....

TSGTSWIFE

LeapinLizzie1

Both my daughter and her dad said she was just sitting there eating when the g/f started in. And after talking to the g/f, I'm with you..this is NOT going to get better. She clearly hates me and my daughter for reasons I'm not clear on. She even started telling me things that she said my daughter had told her and both my ex-husband and daughter said it was a lie...like she wanted to stir up trouble in my life. We've never even really met. I do like the anger management counseling...but I'm not sure I'll ever feel good when I feel like this woman can just "lose it" like that.

Thank you all for the advice. I need it. I'm really trying to do the best for all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">