• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I get restraining order on ex husbands g/f to keep her away from my boys?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

ang_h29

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I recently found out that my ex-husbands g/f has had her own children taken away and that they are wards of the state.

Neither my ex or this woman will tell me why her kids were taken away. So my question is, is this grounds enough to get a resraining order against her to keep my kids away from her why they are visiting with their father. I worry for my kids safety!!

what REALLY is your issue, missy........

OK... you came here for advice. What PROOF do you have the g/f is a horrible monster and a danger to your boys????? Are you just latching on to the fact that "someone" calls CPS?? You have ANY PROOF??? Be realistic... do you REALLY believe your ex'es g/f will harm your boys? Or are you just poking straws hoping to find something terrible about your ex'es g/f that you can use even further against HIM???????? And, are you TRULY worried about your kids safety?? C'mon now..........

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Nope, likely not enough. You have no idea why they were removed from her care. You would need to show that your kids are in danger by having her around.

A

ang_h29

NOT poking straws here.....

To those of you who think that I am asking this and wanting the restraining order to "poke straws at my ex"....this is not so.

He and I still remain friends for the most part and I am remarried and have no desire to hurt him! I am genuinely worried about anyone who has had their children "removed" from their home....and am more concerened when its a secret and my children are being subject to something that COULD put them in danger or in a situation they would feel uncomfortable in!

Since my divorce they have had to ajust to enough changes and things that are confusing to them, they dont need to be exposed to this kind of confusion also. Whatever the reason this woman had her children removed was really makes no difference does it?.....someone with the authority felt that her children were in a bad situation to remove them, therefor I think that it would be cause for any parent to have concern.

Also the fact that she chose to come into my yard and yell and scream at me in front of my children doesnt make me feel any better about the situation!

Whyte Noise

To get a restraining order, you'd have to prove that there has been harm to your children. Not that there "could" be harm, but that there HAS BEEN.

Not everyone that has their children "removed" are monsters from the 7th tier of hell. CPS removes kids everyday for reasons that are so asinine it's ridiculous, and then lets other children get killed in their homes when there's mountains of evidence and proof. So, just because she had them removed doesn't necessarily mean that she did anything. I'm not saying she didn't, but until you know the exact reason for the removal, then you know no more than I do about it. So yes, the reason for the removal would, to me, be an important player in all this.

I doubt very seriously that an accusation that this woman had her children removed and that's why you want the restraining order to keep her away from YOUR kids would hold water. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">