• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I go on Vacation out of state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MommyL

What is the name of your state? NJ

I have full custody of my almost 2yo daughter. Her father and I were never married and have been apart since I was 2 months pregnant with her. I do have full custody and he has visitations although they are not specified in the court order. Visits are supposed to be "as agreed" and "no overnights" is explicitely stated on the court order. There is a lot of conflict between us as he is constantly is asking for overnights. I do not conceed as I have the court order stating that. He agreed to all the terms in the court order out of free will and also to a VERY low child support amount.

Anyway, I know that I cannot move out of state without permission. I would like to know if I am allowed to go out of state on a 2 week vacation. I obviously have to tell him the baby and I will not be around, but do I need to tell him "where" I will be vacationing....or worse yet, do I need his permission to go??

Thanks!What is the name of your state?

fairisfair

So long as your vacation does not intrude on any specified visitation, and your order does not require you not to remove the child from the state. Then you do not need his permission. You should notify him that you will be out of town on such and such dates, and give him a method of contacting you.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? NJ

I have full custody of my almost 2yo daughter. Her father and I were never married and have been apart since I was 2 months pregnant with her. I do have full custody and he has visitations although they are not specified in the court order. Visits are supposed to be "as agreed" and "no overnights" is explicitely stated on the court order. There is a lot of conflict between us as he is constantly is asking for overnights. I do not conceed as I have the court order stating that. He agreed to all the terms in the court order out of free will and also to a VERY low child support amount.

Anyway, I know that I cannot move out of state without permission. I would like to know if I am allowed to go out of state on a 2 week vacation. I obviously have to tell him the baby and I will not be around, but do I need to tell him "where" I will be vacationing....or worse yet, do I need his permission to go??

Thanks!What is the name of your state?

Gee.. let the guy have his child overnight!

What does the court order say regarding taking the child out of state on Vacation?

nextwife

What is the big deal about a parent getting their own child for overnights? Why do you fight this? Parents without a uterus are just as capable of parenting as we who have one.

fairisfair

there may be a very valid reason for her court order specifying no overnight visits.

I think we are jumping the gun.

Personally, my court order also specifies no overnights, and I guarantee there is a good reason.

missiningmyson

NO overnight

I agree with no overnights if the guy has a problem touching little kids and in that instance he shouldnt have any access at all even supervised, thats just my opinion ,but if he has agreed to no overnights he did it for a reason , I on the other hand have two children one with my wife currently seperated but I get my 3 year old little girl all the time overnight whenever she calls or when ever I want or when ever mommy is tired but my first child by my ex is 10 years old and she has refused me access visitation and even phone contact for the past 15 months , she moves everytime I get a a hit on her address and her girlfriend told me not to call the only contact number I have ever had for my son. I just processed court for Joint Residential Custody, and she had her family refuse the service order so I couldnt get service on that address , so I paid 500 for a private investigator who gave me 4 more address that she has been at. My sone is 10 years old and has been in 5 different schools in that past 3 years. I just got confirmation of where he is and I have the 2nd court date coming up on 4/25/07 if she doesnt show , I am praying the judge grants a default order so I can go get my little boy because I am misserable . If anybody knows the next step after she misses court again please let me know.

Thanks

ps To all the fathers and or mother who are the non custodial parents lets invoke our rights, and fight for our children, dont have your child wondering why you didnt fight for them, dont have your child wondering if you love them still, There's nothing worse then when your child asks why you dont love them enough to stick up for them, and fight for them.

While I sympathize with you, wish you the best in your battle and also agree no decent, loving, responsible parent should be kept from their kids (well actually, kids should not be kept form their parents) there are many circumstances that warrant such things.

Part of the problem with your statement is that you "sound" (not that you are) like some of the loser parents... wanting to claim all of their RIGHTS and don't understand that responsibility and obligation should be 1st. It's the whole "I Have Rights" terminology (sorry, it;s like the G.W. Bush dysfunction people have)... your kids have rights to be parented (emotionally and financially) by both parents, and YOU have responsibilities and obligations to them.

Some NCP's (not all) want all of the benefits (rights) with none of the responsibility. Some NCP's are NCP's for a good reason.

Child's best interest should always come first, not people's (adults)rights or personal opinions of the other.

Fight for the kids BEST INTEREST, not winning your RIGHTS over the CP's. It's not about you.

And again, best of luck to you in your situation, I hope the kids come out ok and happy!:D

GrowUp!

I agree with no overnights if the guy has a problem touching little kids and in that instance he shouldnt have any access at all even supervised, thats just my opinion ,but if he has agreed to no overnights he did it for a reason , I on the other hand have two children one with my wife currently seperated but I get my 3 year old little girl all the time overnight whenever she calls or when ever I want or when ever mommy is tired but my first child by my ex is 10 years old and she has refused me access visitation and even phone contact for the past 15 months , she moves everytime I get a a hit on her address and her girlfriend told me not to call the only contact number I have ever had for my son. I just processed court for Joint Residential Custody, and she had her family refuse the service order so I couldnt get service on that address , so I paid 500 for a private investigator who gave me 4 more address that she has been at. My sone is 10 years old and has been in 5 different schools in that past 3 years. I just got confirmation of where he is and I have the 2nd court date coming up on 4/25/07 if she doesnt show , I am praying the judge grants a default order so I can go get my little boy because I am misserable . If anybody knows the next step after she misses court again please let me know.

Thanks

ps To all the fathers and or mother who are the non custodial parents lets invoke our rights, and fight for our children, dont have your child wondering why you didnt fight for them, dont have your child wondering if you love them still, There's nothing worse then when your child asks why you dont love them enough to stick up for them, and fight for them.
Hey crackhead...Before you do anything else...shut the hell up with this crap. :rolleyes:
Oh wait...this isnt' your thread.

MommyL

To all that responded to my actual question about asking permission for vacation.....thank you very much. The information has helped and I appreciate your mature responses.

To all who decided to give me their opinion about the rest of my court order (which I only included as information for my question), I'm sorry you are having whatever issues with your own court order, no need to blast ME for it. MY court order is what is best for MY child. I hope your children end up with what is best for THEM.

Yes, whether agreed upon or court appointed......there are reasons for NCPs. If you truly think it's not right, knock yourself out fighting! If you are right, then a judge will listen and change it.
However, as the previous posts say.....BE CAREFUL what you ask for.... you just might get it and have to be responsible for all the parenting time you thought you could handle**************.and if you truly CAN'T and are doing just to WIN...God help your kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">