+ Reply to Thread
    cherrity is offline Junior Member

Question Can I keep the ex's girlfriend away from my kids?

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington.
    I was wondering if there is anyway that I can keep my ex's girlfriend away from my children? Does anyone know what I would have to do to get this achieved? She has never done anything physical but she is the reason that we split up. Thank you ahead of time for any help from anyone. Thanks again.
    CJane is offline Senior Member
    If she does not pose a danger to the children, then no, you will not be able to 'keep her away from the kids'.

Send her a thank you note for taking the putz off your hands, and get over it. You're gonna have to parent with him for the rest of your lives, but your ability/right to control his actions/friends/penis ended when your romantic relationship ended.
    proud_parent is offline Senior Member
    CJane is correct.

You may not dictate with whom your ex chooses to socialize when your children are in his care.

Focus on learning to be a coparent with your children's father rather than dwelling on being the "wronged" party.
    stepmom4ever is offline Member
    besides the children will eventually grow up and learn who thier father really is anyway....but you can keep them from the girlfriend.....my husband ex tried it and it didnt work.....
    cherrity is offline Junior Member

Thanks

Thank you for the info, I already thanked her but its a little more complicated cause we were a very close family and its my cousin that has done this. Both of them are selfish and are only thinking of themselves and therefore the kids reallt don't want to spend time with her. they understand its just not right. Thanks anyways.
    CourtClerk is offline Senior Member
    Sitting at the computer probably rolling my eyes at your post
    Quote Originally Posted by stepmom4ever View Post
    besides the children will eventually grow up and learn who thier father really is anyway....but you can keep them from the girlfriend.....my husband ex tried it and it didnt work.....
    Your husband is full of issues. Don't try and help anyone else until you help your husband.
    profmum is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrity View Post
    Thank you for the info, I already thanked her but its a little more complicated cause we were a very close family and its my cousin that has done this. Both of them are selfish and are only thinking of themselves and therefore the kids reallt don't want to spend time with her. they understand its just not right. Thanks anyways.
    The stop being just as selfish but trying to punish dad, destroy your coparenting relationship with him and thereby hurting the kids.