• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I keep the ex's girlfriend away from my kids?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cherrity

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington.
I was wondering if there is anyway that I can keep my ex's girlfriend away from my children? Does anyone know what I would have to do to get this achieved? She has never done anything physical but she is the reason that we split up. Thank you ahead of time for any help from anyone. Thanks again.

CJane

If she does not pose a danger to the children, then no, you will not be able to 'keep her away from the kids'.

Send her a thank you note for taking the putz off your hands, and get over it. You're gonna have to parent with him for the rest of your lives, but your ability/right to control his actions/friends/penis ended when your romantic relationship ended.

proud_parent

CJane is correct.

You may not dictate with whom your ex chooses to socialize when your children are in his care.

Focus on learning to be a coparent with your children's father rather than dwelling on being the "wronged" party.

besides the children will eventually grow up and learn who thier father really is anyway....but you can keep them from the girlfriend.....my husband ex tried it and it didnt work.....

cherrity

Thanks

Thank you for the info, I already thanked her but its a little more complicated cause we were a very close family and its my cousin that has done this. Both of them are selfish and are only thinking of themselves and therefore the kids reallt don't want to spend time with her. they understand its just not right. Thanks anyways.

CourtClerk

besides the children will eventually grow up and learn who thier father really is anyway....but you can keep them from the girlfriend.....my husband ex tried it and it didnt work.....
Your husband is full of issues. Don't try and help anyone else until you help your husband.

profmum

Thank you for the info, I already thanked her but its a little more complicated cause we were a very close family and its my cousin that has done this. Both of them are selfish and are only thinking of themselves and therefore the kids reallt don't want to spend time with her. they understand its just not right. Thanks anyways.
The stop being just as selfish but trying to punish dad, destroy your coparenting relationship with him and thereby hurting the kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">