• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I keep my daughter from going back to her father's if i feel its unsafe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leticia Roman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO

We share custody and I cannot let this happen to her anymore. What i mean is he's doing drugs and has my daughter in a terrible enviorment, I went to pick her up for my week with and and when i walked in there was trash everrrywwhhereee.Bottles, and cans of beer, wraps (used for rolling weed in) alll over the floor, on the matel, random ppl sleeping on the couch.You could barley walk around! Her father and girlfriend sleeping on the floor and he was passed out. He didnt even know i was there. Ive seen it like this a few times before but this was the worst by far. I know hes on probation and is violating it. I did let his officer know and she said she will probably test him. My daughter does not deserve this. She four years old and we(@ my home) have soo much to give her. I have a soon to be step child and their half baby brother here, and our lives our committed to our children. She deserves to have the commitment they have all the time available to her all the time too. I want to work on getting full custody because hes not changing and i'm actually scared to give her back for his week. i dont want to. Our custody agreement is that i have her for 1wk and he has her for 1 wk. When she starts school i will have her for the school year. I feel its not safe and absolutely not a good environment for her. So what can i do when he comes sunday to pick her up? The house is not like that all the time but i have seen it like like a couple times before. This last time(on sunday) was the worst. They were expecting me to come pick her up and had it like that so what is it like when i'm not there?! Can i keep her or what/can I do?

Last edited:

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO

We share custody and I cannot let this happen to her anymore. What i mean is he's doing drugs and has my daughter in a terrible enviorment, I went to pick her up for my week with and and when i walked in there was trash everrrywwhhereee.Bottles, and cans of beer, wraps (used for rolling weed in) alll over the floor, on the matel, random ppl sleeping on the couch.You could barley walk around! Her father and girlfriend sleeping on the floor and he was passed out. He didnt even know i was there. Ive seen it like this a few times before but this was the worst by far. I know hes on probation and is violating it. I did let his officer know and she said she will probably test him. My daughter does not deserve this. She four years old and we(@ my home) have soo much to give her. I have a soon to be step child and their half baby brother here, and our lives our committed to our children. She deserves to have the commitment they have all the time available to her all the time too. I want to work on getting full custody because hes not changing and i'm actually scared to give her back for his week. i dont want to. Our custody agreement is that i have her for 1wk and he has her for 1 wk. When she starts school i will have her for the school year. I feel its not safe and absolutely not a good environment for her. So what can i do when he comes sunday to pick her up? The house is not like that all the time but for the most part it can be. they were expecting me to come pick her up and had it like that so what is it like when i'm not there?! Can i keep her or what/can I do?
You do have a court order for the custody agreement?

Leticia Roman

yes we have a custody agreement. we went 3yrs ago, & made one through the courts. we did a mediation one. where we sat down with a someone and agreed on one

ecmst12

If you think she is not safe at his house, call CPS. Otherwise you would be in contempt if you refuse visitation. A court order is not a suggestion.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
yes we have a custody agreement. we went 3yrs ago, & made one through the courts. we did a mediation one. where we sat down with a someone and agreed on one
You get to follow the custody order. You can either call CPS or file for an emergency suspension of the court order. Until the court grants a change in the court order you are supposed to follow it.

As for your soon to be stepchildren -- YOU are NOT their mother and never will be. Your soon to be hubby is NOT your child's father and will not be. Even if you have full custody, the child will visit with dad. You will not be able to ever prohibit visitation or control it completely. And also realize that if you wanted a stable person as your four year old's daughter -- well you should have chosen a stable person to have sex with and create the child with.

You get to follow the custody order. You can either call CPS or file for an emergency suspension of the court order. Until the court grants a change in the court order you are supposed to follow it.

As for your soon to be stepchildren -- YOU are NOT their mother and never will be. Your soon to be hubby is NOT your child's father and will not be. Even if you have full custody, the child will visit with dad. You will not be able to ever prohibit visitation or control it completely. And also realize that if you wanted a stable person as your four year old's daughter -- well you should have chosen a stable person to have sex with and create the child with.
Oh boy OHIOGAL.....the child damn near need to be on his/her death bed before anything can be done... Some situation are bad for children to be around..geesh...everything is not always about following a court order...safety first! IN MY BOOK

Antigone*

Oh boy OHIOGAL.....the child damn near need to be on his/her death bed before anything can be done... Some situation are bad for children to be around..geesh...everything is not always about following a court order...safety first! IN MY BOOK
If is was so bad, the OP should have called CPS.

Please,don't encourage the OP to read Stepmoms for Dummies.

cyjeff

EVERYTHING is about following the court order.

Failure to do so can lead to a host of issues up to and including losing custodial rights in favor of the person that you LEAST want to have custodial rights.

If you want to win, you play by the rules.... if you need an emergency order, you get one from the court.

If there are criminals and bongs around the little girl... CALL THE POLICE.

Without proof of illegal/unsafe behavior, it doesn't count.

Your book sucks.

Proserpina

Uh...honey?

Go get some rest. You need it.

Seriously - you're about three minutes away from "incoherent babble".

EVERYTHING is about following the court order.

Failure to do so can lead to a host of issues up to and including losing custodial rights in favor of the person that you LEAST want to have custodial rights.

If you want to win, you play by the rules.... if you need an emergency order, you get one from the court.

If there are criminals and bongs around the little girl... CALL THE POLICE.

Without proof of illegal/unsafe behavior, it doesn't count.

Your book sucks.
whatever I'm done...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">