• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can I keep my daughter from going back to her father's if i feel its unsafe

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Proserpina

OP, please accept apologies for the idiotic response you received from stepmom4ever, and for the subsequent responses to her post.

If you do have more questions, or wish to elaborate, please do post back.

OP, please accept apologies for the idiotic response you received from stepmom4ever, and for the subsequent responses to her post.

If you do have more questions, or wish to elaborate, please do post back.
IMHO, If the scene she came upon was that bad...she should have called CPS or at least the cops before pulling away. Breaking a court order could really bite her in the end.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Oh boy OHIOGAL.....the child damn near need to be on his/her death bed before anything can be done... Some situation are bad for children to be around..geesh...everything is not always about following a court order...safety first! IN MY BOOK
You still DO NOT COMPREHEND do you. Try reading again what I stated. If the child is really danger she can file an EMERGENCY motion with the court to suspend visitation until a full hearing can be held. It is about the court order. There are steps she can take to protect the child and still not get herself in trouble. How about this -- stay off Ohio threads until you have a blooming clue about the law.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
IMHO, If the scene she came upon was that bad...she should have called CPS or at least the cops before pulling away. Breaking a court order could really bite her in the end.
Legally she should have called the police and then she would have had evidence of her claims. Now all she has is her word and that is not going to get her very far. But in OHIO she can't just break the court order. It CAN harshly bite her in the end. There are certain things she can do to protect the child. However she will most likely listen to S4E because that is the answer she will like.

Proserpina

You still DO NOT COMPREHEND do you. Try reading again what I stated. If the child is really danger she can file an EMERGENCY motion with the court to suspend visitation until a full hearing can be held. It is about the court order. There are steps she can take to protect the child and still not get herself in trouble. How about this -- stay off Ohio threads until you have a blooming clue about the law.
This is one of those times where that dratted "banging head off of keyboard" emoticons is necessary.

And it is times like this when I truly wonder how you keep your sanity! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">