• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I move out of state with my children if there is no custody order in place?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kdelaney

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I am originally from Texas. I have lived with my son and boyfriend in Kansas for the past year. I have three children that live in Texas part time that I am the custodial parent of. My boyfriend and I have broken up and I need to go back home to be with my other children and family. How can I do this legally?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I am originally from Texas. I have lived with my son and boyfriend in Kansas for the past year. I have three children that live in Texas part time that I am the custodial parent of. My boyfriend and I have broken up and I need to go back home to be with my other children and family. How can I do this legally?
You can move. Would you choose your three children over your son with your boyfriend? Because if he fights for custody, he could get it. He could prevent your mutual child from moving to Texas. You CHOSE to move away from your children and family in Texas. There are consequences to that.

Without a court order you could move. Dad could go to court and immediately request the child be sent back to Kansas.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I did not leave them. They stay in Texas for one one month and than in Kansas for two months.
Yet you said:
So, I should stay in Kansas and not see my three children??
What happens when the children are in school? Why are you misleading us or changing your story to make yourself appear better?

kdelaney

I'm not lying or misleading. I am looking for information based on my situation. What would be the benefit of me lying on an Internet forum? I have no need to make my ex look bad and have made no attempt to do so.

kdelaney

I'm sorry if I am not making things clear with my situation. I feel there is confusion somewhere. I don't currently have an agreement with my ex-boyfriend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">