• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I move out of State while pregnant? Or once the baby is born?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lipglossaholicz

I am pregnant with my first child and I broke up with my boyfriend recently.
He is mean, he has depression and anxiety issues, he lies, and stresses me out a lot. We had a plan to move 3,000 miles from where we live now, cause I want to move closer to my family. I now want to move alone, but I am not stopping him from moving there on his own as well. He recently threatened custody so that I have to stay here. I do have "permission" from him through text message, but I don't know if that's enough. What can I do? Is there a chance I would be able to move? Or am I stuck here? Please help!

ecmst12

There is no baby yet. You can move wherever you like now. When the baby is born, jurisdiction for custody matters will be in whatever state he/she is born in, so it's best to move BEFORE the birth.

LdiJ

There is no baby yet. You can move wherever you like now. When the baby is born, jurisdiction for custody matters will be in whatever state he/she is born in, so it's best to move BEFORE the birth.
I agree. You don't need his permission in any way, shape or form to move now. He cannot stop you from moving and he cannot force you to move back once the baby is born. Therefore, if you want to move, you need to do it now.

Silverplum

I agree. You don't need his permission in any way, shape or form to move now. He cannot stop you from moving and he cannot force you to move back once the baby is born. Therefore, if you want to move, you need to do it now.
There's probably even a video out there for sale on the internet, telling one exactly how to do it.

Just Blue

I am pregnant with my first child and I broke up with my boyfriend recently.
He is mean, he has depression and anxiety issues, he lies, and stresses me out a lot. We had a plan to move 3,000 miles from where we live now, cause I want to move closer to my family. I now want to move alone, but I am not stopping him from moving there on his own as well. He recently threatened custody so that I have to stay here. I do have "permission" from him through text message, but I don't know if that's enough. What can I do? Is there a chance I would be able to move? Or am I stuck here? Please help!
US Law Only.

Just Blue

Ec and Ld...Where does it state in OP's post that she in US? She might be in GB or Canada, or Germany....

Jus saying.:)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">