• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I terminate parental rights?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

laydebuggzz

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
When my daughter was 1 1/2 yrs. old I gave her paternal grandmother full custody. I had no contact with her till her grandmother died 4 yrs. ago when she was 9. I filed and was granted full custody. It has been 4 yrs. and a disaster since the beginning. Major fits,verbal/physical abuse ( her going after family mambers),running away, ect. I can not handly it anymore and it is also affecting my 8yr. old son. Her aunt has filled for custody though I have not spoken to this woman in 3 yrs. and I m going to give it to her. Am I also able to terminate parental custody? To be honest I don't want her to live here and she doesn't want to either.

Banned_Princess

Thats horrendous you must be a , a , a troll.....

No you cant give up parental rights you should be paying child support to get that kid some counseling, no wonder she has problems, her mother abandoned her, her real mother died, and then you just waltz in and think she should be sweet kisses and roses??

Don't have any more kids.

Hisbabygirl77

When my daughter was 1 1/2 yrs. old I gave her paternal grandmother full custody. I had no contact with her till her grandmother died 4 yrs. ago when she was 9. I filed and was granted full custody. It has been 4 yrs. and a disaster since the beginning. Major fits,verbal/physical abuse ( her going after family mambers),running away, ect. I can not handly it anymore and it is also affecting my 8yr. old son. Her aunt has filled for custody though I have not spoken to this woman in 3 yrs. and I m going to give it to her. Am I also able to terminate parental custody? To be honest I don't want her to live here and she doesn't want to either.

Wow just wow. Because your daughter is difficult probably through fault of your own for dumping her off on someone. Then the person who raises her dies and then she lives with you and Im sure your dislike for her is obvious you want to just give her away and keep the precious child who you love but not her. Nice you get worst parent of the year award congrats. So where is the father? You cant just sign away your rights unless someone is adopting and you would need his consent as well.

Artemis_ofthe_Hunt

My GOD woman! Have you NO morals? Have you NO heart? You birthed this child! You gave her up! Now, by your own admittance, you don't want her there, you walked away from her and you wonder why she's acting out? Do you pay ANY attention to her? I mean other than negatively reacting to a CHILD's reaction? COME ON! Really? You can't be real. NO ONE has that little of a heart, not even the Grinch! :eek:

and BTW you can't just sign over your parental rights. I hope they get you for back child support from the time you abandoned her with your grandmother. I hope that they make you responsible for the counseling bills she's going to need to get over your walking away not once, but twice.

I hope that your aunt, who DOES apparently love this little girl loves her enough for her to understand that none of this is HER fault. This lies entirely on your head.

Last edited:

Hisbabygirl77

One thing I do know is this Mom (cough cough) should definetly NOT have the child with her. Lord knows the emotional/mental affect this is having on the child. I still wanna know where daddy is and I sincerly hope no matter what this girl is SOON in a loving stable home.

gr8rn

This post makes me so sad for this poor little girl. She is 13, such a tough age. Please let her go asap. The poor kid. :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">