• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can loss of job mean loss of joint custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

brandimoriah

What is the name of your state? Arizona

My friend is beginning the process of filing for joint custody. Recently the situation at his place of employment has become difficult and he may be fired (he has been seeing another employee, who is considered his subordinate, and is going to just be honest and tell his boss, instead of lying about it). Will the situation and the loss of his job be a serious issue when he attempts to get joint custody of his daughter, if he finds another job soon?

I thank you VERY much for your response!

D

DChristian112

It could be a financial hardship on him, however, some, I say SOME, judges see a parent having no job or less hours- to be a positive reflection on parenting time. If a parent is spending the majority of his time with his child, why would anyone frown on that?
It will be hard to cover court expenses, and what not- unless your friend has been wise, and has a savings plan.
Good Luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">