• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can this lower my child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hockeymansteve

can this lower my child support?

I live in ohio. my son is legaly blind and he has other disabilities including characteristics of autism. my child support is based on when he was living fulltime with my ex-wife. now he lives in a home for blind children in michigan from sunday night thru friday night. me and my ex-wife alternate weekends with our son. can my child support be lowered since time spent with our son is equal? plus, the home he lives in is privately funded. there are no costs between us. also, the county we live in is responsible for transportation to school and since the school is in michigan they are paying her mileage to take our son back and forth to the school. i pick him up and drop him off equaly and i don't see that money. as a matter of fact she uses respite services extensively which would show that i see our child more often. i could write more stuff but i would be here to long.

[Edited by hockeymansteve on 03-31-2001 at 07:57 PM]

D

dorenephilpot

Depends on several things. First, who's paying for the school fees -- or is it taxpayer funded?

Second, do you make more than your ex? If so, then you could have to pay support to her, even if you have the child as often as she does.

H

hockeymansteve

thank you for replying back. i've edited some more information that might help alittle. there are more issues but i'll save it for my attorney. any input that you can give me would be very helpfull. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">