• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can my ex-daughter in-law make my grandson call her new husband daddy? he is 3

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cougarxrt

What is the name of your state TN.. My son recentley got a divorce. And his ex-wife has remarried, the day after the divorce was final. And she is making my grandson call her husband daddy. Just today when we dropped him off at the meeting place after the weekend visit, she said here go to your daddy, and knowing his real daddy was standing right there. he said no i am his daddy and she said he was his daddy too, my grandson is so confussed, he doesnt know who to call daddy. He is only 3. What rights does my son have?

lisagr33

I am also going through the same problem. My ex-husband remarried and told our children that it would be best if they call his new wife mom. To me that is disrespect for the real parent. If they try to call her by her real name then they get no attention from her whatsoever. They have to call her mom and my ex sees nothing wrong with that. My second husband refuses to let my children call him dad because he knows they have a dad and he finds it totally cruel and wrong that my ex does that. That is basically like saying call your stepmom mom and don't worry about it. He has no respect for me or the fact that I am their mom. Tell your son to talk to his ex and tell her that she is disrespecting him and that he would appreciate it if she did not have their son call his stepdad dad. To me your ex daughter-in-law sounds like a control freak.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">