• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can my husband (separated) take my children away from me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oneeezy

I'm a mother with 2 girls (ages 3 and 6..) and live in Texas. We have been separated for 4 months now and have tried to manage seeing each other/sharing our children.. my girls stay w/ me on a daily basis and he will come visit them 2 to 3 times a week.. Well, he found out that I got a sitter this past Friday so I could go out with some friends. He was very upset about it.. about 10 minutes ago I got a phone call from him telling me that I better get a lawyer because I'm not getting my girls back! I don't know what to do... If anyone's been in the same boat as me please give me some advice. I need to know what my options are and if he can really even do that.

Thanks for your help :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">