• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can a non-biological father get custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DChristian112

Gee, IAAL, I will take that as an "almost" compliment.
Thanks for that!
I almost feel bad for being such a bit*h to you...
Remember I said "almost".

stephenk

your hubby is the legally presumed father of the child. Why you ask? Because the child was conceived during the marriage while you were living with hubby and your hubby was not sterile.

Plus your part in not disputing that your hubby was the father also plays a part in him being the legal father of your kid.

It doesnt matter now that you want your ex to not have custody or basically any part of his kid's life. the bio-dad has no legal standing to claim paternity. it was already determined by your marriage and divorce from your ex.

Be ready for the court to turn custody over to your ex. You should also be prepared to face the possibility of losing all visitation with the child or only under strict supervision.

also be ready to face criminal charges for child abduction.

D

DChristian112

Be ready for the court to turn custody over to your ex. You should also be prepared to face the possibility of losing all visitation with the child or only under strict supervision.
Uh, yeah hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VeronicaGia

You are guilty of parental kidnapping

hopefully the children are returned, all this is hashed out without you, and your children's legal father and bio-father become great parents despite your actions.

djohnson

momma tiger i would take it as a compliment considering. I am with you all the way. How old are these children that its ok to mess with their heads like that. I think you have done the worst things (plural) a mother could do. They are obviously better off with non bio dad. Just to give everyone hope. I have a friend that is married to a man that was in desert storm (he was married to someone else then). She had a child from a previous relationship and when he got back after being gone 8 months she was 3 months pregnant. He stayed with her and put his name on the birth certificate and a year later when he filed for divorce, he took custody of both children because they didn't want to split them up. He had enough evidence that she was a skank (like poster, to quote IAAL) that she couldn't win. Eventually he remarried and bio mom signed over rights that my friend is now the legal mother and raising them. I hope posters kids are that lucky.

VeronicaGia

IMHO, this is where a MAN'S CHOICE comes in to play

djohnson said:
momma tiger i would take it as a compliment considering. I am with you all the way. How old are these children that its ok to mess with their heads like that. I think you have done the worst things (plural) a mother could do. They are obviously better off with non bio dad. Just to give everyone hope. I have a friend that is married to a man that was in desert storm (he was married to someone else then). She had a child from a previous relationship and when he got back after being gone 8 months she was 3 months pregnant. He stayed with her and put his name on the birth certificate and a year later when he filed for divorce, he took custody of both children because they didn't want to split them up. He had enough evidence that she was a skank (like poster, to quote IAAL) that she couldn't win. Eventually he remarried and bio mom signed over rights that my friend is now the legal mother and raising them. I hope posters kids are that lucky.
In this case, the man who thought he was the father should have the choice: full custody, control and the right to collect support from bio-mom, or no custody, no control, no support, no contact with kids. Bio-mom, IMHO, lost her choices, and legal father and bio-father should have all the rights here! Bio-mom's rights, in this case anyway, should be permanently terminated, allowing the legal father the right to decide what is now best for these poor kids. Like I said, hopefully he and bio-dad can work together. The kids will never miss this skank.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">