• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can A Sister get custody of a brother or sister?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nygiantschic21

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

My name is Hannah, Myself and my boyfriend are interested in getting custody of my younger half sister. She is 13 years old and is currently in foster care, she has been through a tremendous amount of turmoil! She has been sexually molested and physically and mentally abused by her father and unfortunatley our mother is in no state to take care of her. she has bounced around from one living situation to another and is currently in foster care. She has tried to committ suicide and is very depressed and I believe that she needs to be with her family. I don't know anything about or how to go about with it and need any and all help thats possible. My boyfriend and I both have good paying stable jobs and are planning to buy a house very soon, we both know that this would be the best thing for her and know that we are capable of providing for her needs. Anyone who has any advice or info. on this please reply. Thank you!:)

fairisfair

have you contacted child protective services and let them know that you are a relative, interested and in a position to assume custody of your half sister? Where are her parents? The "boyfriend" thing is not going to be helpful in your cause. CPS will be looking for a stable, secure environment for placement purposes. CPS is the best source for letting you know what kind of hoops you are going to need to jump through in order to obtain any type of placement.

just saw the info regarding mom and dad. What is their custody status?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">