• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can someone explain

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Jurisdiction is in Colorado

Can someone explain an advisement hearing?

I finally got word from my attorney (who seems to be pretty busy and can't answer this right now) that the contempt papers we (attorney and I) filed went through and the X has an advisement hearing.

We filed contempt on lack of child support, health insurance and he was ordered to put my vehicle in running order, "mechanically sound"; he had asked the magistrait if he could fix it instead of sending it off to a real mechanic, by a certain date and instead he broke it and cost me $4500 to fix. It needed a new engine, and parts that he didn't get put in at all.

When he filed contempt on me, we (him and I) had to appear and it was basically dismissed because some truth came out in front of his attorney and his attorney was not happy to find out i had evidence. He had left the children with someone who is stated in the PP that they are not to be alone with her at all (she has physically harmed and tried to drug them) and he left them with her and in turn, he tried to throw contempt saying he didn't have the kids that weekend. Which was also the same weekend they celebrated our daughters birthday. So tons of witnesses.

Long story short, the process is different for him, i never had an advisement hearing but he is now.

So again my question since i rambled... Can someone explain an advisement hearing?

And what happens after it or during it.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Jurisdiction is in Colorado

Can someone explain an advisement hearing?

I finally got word from my attorney (who seems to be pretty busy and can't answer this right now) that the contempt papers we (attorney and I) filed went through and the X has an advisement hearing.

We filed contempt on lack of child support, health insurance and he was ordered to put my vehicle in running order, "mechanically sound"; he had asked the magistrait if he could fix it instead of sending it off to a real mechanic, by a certain date and instead he broke it and cost me $4500 to fix. It needed a new engine, and parts that he didn't get put in at all.

When he filed contempt on me, we (him and I) had to appear and it was basically dismissed because some truth came out in front of his attorney and his attorney was not happy to find out i had evidence. He had left the children with someone who is stated in the PP that they are not to be alone with her at all (she has physically harmed and tried to drug them) and he left them with her and in turn, he tried to throw contempt saying he didn't have the kids that weekend. Which was also the same weekend they celebrated our daughters birthday. So tons of witnesses.

Long story short, the process is different for him, i never had an advisement hearing but he is now.

So again my question since i rambled... Can someone explain an advisement hearing?

And what happens after it or during it.
The advisement hearing is the first hearing after a petition has been filed. At this time, the court advises the accused of their constitutional and legal rights. The accused may request counsel or the court may appoint counsel.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">