• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can you stop fathers family from seeing your child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irishkiernan

:confused: What is the name of your state?wyoming I've made a big mistake and 6 yrs ago had a child with a guy that nothing to do with him after 4 months. His family also decided to have nothing to do with him. 3 1/2 yrs later I started seeing his brother and a yr after that had a baby with him. We split when our baby was about 7 months old. So for a little over 2 yrs there family seen both my kids. When we split they decided to only see my youngest child. Because my oldest child dad didnt want to be apart of his life. A couple of months ago my oldest child's dad started to see but not his parents. He would come in and out of his life whenever he wanted. So I told him he needed to set up a time that would be the same or he wasnt going to see him anymore. So he stopped seeing him. Hes never been a good dad. The probelm is that my youngest child's dad is good to her but his family has everything to to with her. I have phy custody of both my kids. I just dont understand how they can only see one of them. Even my oldest child's dad see my youngest child all the time. I would like to stop them from seeing my youngest child if they dont want part of my other child's life. Can i do this in court?

LdiJ

irishkiernan said:
:confused: What is the name of your state?wyoming I've made a big mistake and 6 yrs ago had a child with a guy that nothing to do with him after 4 months. His family also decided to have nothing to do with him. 3 1/2 yrs later I started seeing his brother and a yr after that had a baby with him. We split when our baby was about 7 months old. So for a little over 2 yrs there family seen both my kids. When we split they decided to only see my youngest child. Because my oldest child dad didnt want to be apart of his life. A couple of months ago my oldest child's dad started to see but not his parents. He would come in and out of his life whenever he wanted. So I told him he needed to set up a time that would be the same or he wasnt going to see him anymore. So he stopped seeing him. Hes never been a good dad. The probelm is that my youngest child's dad is good to her but his family has everything to to with her. I have phy custody of both my kids. I just dont understand how they can only see one of them. Even my oldest child's dad see my youngest child all the time. I would like to stop them from seeing my youngest child if they dont want part of my other child's life. Can i do this in court?
No, dad is allowed to let his family see his child during his parenting time. I think its appalling that they aren't interested in your older child...even your younger child's dad since its his nephew. However, there is nothing that you can do.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
You sure picked some winners. At the end of the day, if one of the Dads wants to include his family in his visitation time, he has every right to do so. Even if it doesn't include the other kid.

irishkiernan

I want my youngest child's dad to see her. But my oldest child's dad shiouldnt be able to be around my youngest. I have even gone so far is to file court papers to prove him a unfit parent and take full custody. Its not that I want my youngest child's dad to take him. It's the grandparents that that I dont understand. They say the reason they dont see him is because they dont like me but should my kids pay the price for that. I know alot of this is my fault and take responsabity for this and will have to answer hard qustions later in life. But isn't neglet for them to do this to my kids. I just prey that if theres nothing I can do my kids will see them people for who they really are and decided not to have anything to do with them.

Last edited:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Then file for a modification and see where you get. I think you'll be wasting your money, to be honest.

BelizeBreeze

irishkiernan said:
I have had my kids seen by a counselor that has said it is having affects on my childern.
So is your playing this game. Please go to court with this. Then when the judge hands you your ass in a sling we'll not be so helpful.

irishkiernan

I do the best for my kids and was on birth control when I got pregent with my youngest. I work take care of my kids and my exs family has even said that I am a good mom. I did make a mistake but they choose to be apart of both my kids life then just one. My kids do not understand why only one of them can go to their grandparents house. I just want to do everything I can to protect my kids. I dont stop her dad from seeing her. I just think they are hurting my kids when they dont have to. I have given both dads joint custody. I'm with a great guy now and his family are great to my kids. Just aking how I can protect my kids.

whyUcryin

HEY! Here's how you can protect them!

Don't get knocked up by yet another brother or maybe their father!! How STUPID!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">