• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cancel affidavit of paternity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

momself

What is the name of your state? Missouri
What are the consequences of canceling an affidavit of paternity? I am within my 60 day limit still. Please check my other posts for more information. Thanks in advance.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I'm not understanding the question, nor do I have time to go digging through old posts to try and figure out what it's about. Sorry, hope someone else can help.

momself

sorry 'bout that. I was wondering if i cancel the affidavit of paternity that i signed with the ex, if he can somehow bring that up in the future and use it against me for visitation, custody, etc?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well I'm supposing it depends on the circumstances. If he's the father, if he's not the father, how long you've put him forth to be the father. If you knew he was/wasn't the father before now. Without more details, I guess the only answer is "yes - it's possible he might be able to us it against you. And then again he might not."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">