• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Catholic school

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

aaboys

What is the name of your state? New York

During our custody hearings, my ex-wife was adament about our kids contionuing to attend catholic school. I was unemployed and still am. I could not afford the full cost of the tuition, however, we both agreed to share the school expenses 50%. This is part of her order of support. She has now decided that she no longer wants to pay her 50% and therefore to take the boys out of Catholic school. I cannot afford the total cost by myself. can I have Family court enforce this?

K

krispenstpeter

Yep, OR, you can petition the family court to amend the order to require her to enroll the children in any school and pay 50%...

Also, the minute she misses one payment you can haul her ass back to court for contempt of a court order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">