• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

certified mail

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?oklahoma

what do you do in a case where you send a letter certified or confirmed delivery and the other person states that they did not receive what you are saying was in the envelope.

Dad sent bill for kid's teeth that other parent is court ordered to reimburse him for her portion and she claims that the envelope we sent her was blank?

LdiJ

winn dixie said:
What is the name of your state?oklahoma

what do you do in a case where you send a letter certified or confirmed delivery and the other person states that they did not receive what you are saying was in the envelope.

Dad sent bill for kid's teeth that other parent is court ordered to reimburse him for her portion and she claims that the envelope we sent her was blank?
Well...hopefully you kept a copy of what you sent her. Unfortunately its going to boil down at that point to who is the most credible in court. Most "deadbeats" just refuse to pick up or sign for the certified mail....its an interesting twist that she is claiming that the envelope was empty.

He has the copy of the dental bill and the letter that the dentist wrote to her...in reguards to the care of the kids teeth. He didn't make a copy of the actual envelope that he addressed though.

ENASNI

hold up there...

winn dixie said:
He has the copy of the dental bill and the letter that the dentist wrote to her...in reguards to the care of the kids teeth. He didn't make a copy of the actual envelope that he addressed though.
The envelope was blank???
How did it get where it was supposed to go? :confused:

casa

ENASNI said:
The envelope was blank???
How did it get where it was supposed to go? :confused:
LOL. I think OP meant that she sent an envelope (with letter from dentist) withIN the mailing envelope, and the mother is saying the envelope from the dentist was blank &/or empty.

lol...yes Casa that is what I meant....She claims that the envelope had nothing in it....I can't even imagine someone saying that...but she does...and now she says we can't prove that there was anything in it...Jeez....I guess she is right but what do you do?

casa

winn dixie said:
lol...yes Casa that is what I meant....She claims that the envelope had nothing in it....I can't even imagine someone saying that...but she does...and now she says we can't prove that there was anything in it...Jeez....I guess she is right but what do you do?
Just to be nice :rolleyes: send copy again. Then, proceed as though she received the information... In court you simply supply your return receipt- The judge won't buy the excuse. And the judge CERTAINLY won't buy it twice! :rolleyes:

hotpants

resend and do what I do - dont seal the envelope until you get to the post office and have the mail clerk sign a copy of what you put in and the return label. It seems to stop that excuse for me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">