+ Reply to Thread
    Grampsx13 Guest

Question Challenging a Judge's Decision

What is the name of your state? MI

Can a judge's ruling, on visitation, support, custody, violation of visitaion consequence, etc., be challenged to a higher court?

Example: If my son doesn't agree with a judge's ruling of allowing the non-custodial mother to EVER have her visitations in her own home State, which is not in my son's home State of Michigan.

Does my son have any other recourse to challenge THAT judge's decision, without doing so before that same judge again?
    Boxcarbill Guest

Re: Challenging a Judge's Decision

Originally posted by Grampsx13
    What is the name of your state? MI

Can a judge's ruling, on visitation, support, custody, violation of visitaion consequence, etc., be challenged to a higher court?

Example: If my son doesn't agree with a judge's ruling of allowing the non-custodial mother to EVER have her visitations in her own home State, which is not in my son's home State of Michigan.

Does my son have any other recourse to challenge THAT judge's decision, without doing so before that same judge again?
    The word is "appeal." Yes, you can an appeal a lower court's decision but keep in mind absent an abuse of discretion, the trial court's usually stands in child custody matters.
    Grampsx13 Guest

challenging judge decision (appeal)

Thank you Boxcar. Sounds to me it would then pretty much be a waste of time and that efforts would be better served aimed toward other concerns. Appreciate it!!
    JanB Guest
    I see your another of THOSE people trying to deny a mother to see her child! I appluad the judge. Who is selfish now. Your son!
    Grampsx13 Guest

Thumbs down JanB

You have NO clue my son's (our) situation with bio-mom! I'm another of 'THOSE' people? LOLOL Be careful JanB, you're in over your head here. Depending on by who's 'definition' of 'THOSE people', yep, I may very well be one of 'THEM'.

I hope you stick around JanB, because very soon I intend to unfold my son's (our) story here, for ALL to have a stab at offering criticism, opinion, advice, suggestion, commentary, and perhaps even condemnation (who knows).

Good or bad, like it or not, favorable or otherwise, by virtue of my posting in the first place, invites ALL, to whatever expression they feel. Again, some could possibly upset me, however, I will not shrink from the forum that "I" have created for myself, and I will do my utmost to answer any question, to clarify, and to stand tall with my position. And to...there is one thing that I do believe...which is...everyone who offers a contribution to my story is most welcome and much appreciated! There is ALWAYS room for 'food for thought', even if at times it may be just a tad bit difficult to digest. Hey...goes with the territory when you put it out there for all to scrutinize. I mean...you get what you ask for, and you ask for what you get. Will be more than happy to hear anything YOU may have to contribute as well JanB!!!
    stealth2 is offline Senior Member

Re: JanB

Originally posted by Grampsx13
    I mean...you get what you ask for, and you ask for what you get.
    And.... sometimes you get what you pay for! (couldn't resist)