• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Chances of getting full custody of daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

futurestepmom

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

I am marrying a man who has a 7 year old daughter. We both currently work overseas and will be returning to Louisiana in May. He currently has joint custody of his daughter and pays child support even though there was no support ordered in their final divorce decree.

This morning, his daughter stated that she wants to live with him when he returns to the states. The woman who is her mother is currently expecting another baby and is living with a man who hasn’t had a job in at least a year. They currently live off the child support that my fiancé provides for his daughter. She is 3 months behind on both her house and car payments and is in fear that she will lose both of them any day now. About a month ago, the local county activated a warrant for her arrest for bad checks totaling over $1,700. Before the local sheriff’s department could show up, all of the checks and fees were paid off.

My question is, based on the current scenerio, if we have to go into court, what are the chances of him getting full custody of his daughter? He seems to think that the mother will let her come on and live with him, but just in case there is a fight…what are the chances of getting her?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">