• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing a child's last name...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

and adoption...
If Bobbi Jo's husband were unable to adopt her daughter do to the child's biological father being either unknown or unwilling to sign away his parental rights and allow the adoption of his child could Bobbi Jo and her husband change the child's last name to match Bobbi Jo's husband's and now her own and why would this be any diffrent from adoption? If Bobbi Jo's husband were able to adopt her daughter would her husband then be added to the child's birth certificate as her father or even if the child's last name is only changed to match his could he be added to the child's birth certificate without adoption or a paternity test proving him to be the child's biological father?

skyy

re: birth certificate

If the adoption takes place and Bobbi Jo's husband can adopt the daughter, then he will be on the birth certificate as the father. A whole new birth certificate will be issued.

Sorry. Can't really help you on the rest. BTW, did you mention your state somewhere?

I am sorry that I have responded but...

my uncle was in a car accident and is in Intensive Care, he broke "most" of his ribs and punctured his right lung but thank you very much for replying. Fuad and I reside in Iowa. Shannon

Thanks Skyy...

my unlce was released from the hospital with 8 broken ribs and a punctured lung from a car accident on Tuesday and since I am the only "nurse" in my family my uncle is "staying" with Fuad and I so I can nurse him back to good health. It is quite hard for me to go anywhere and/or do anything now because I have to give Jim his meds and clean his wounds every 4 hours therefore I do not know when I will be online to respond again. Also, I am trying my best to get ahold of Bobbi Jo and keep her on the telephone for long enough to question her about her daughter's biological father and record the converstation but each time I have called her husband has been home and she didn't want to talk so I am going to try again next week and early in the morning.
Thanks, Shannon

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">