• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Character Witness for Trial.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DAD09

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA.
I am the primary caretaker for my Mother. As a result of this I come into contact with several of her Doctors. The head Doctor of the Psychiatry Department knows of me through my interactions with my mother (2yrs). As a result of side conversations we've had is aware of my custody/paternity case. My last conversation with her she made me aware -that she would be more than happy to assist in my case by testifying as to me being an excellent, competent, balanced caring individual.
I am expecting this case to go to trial. I have not approached my attorney on this matter yet. Would this Docor make a good character witness? (Ex is claiming I'm unfit and is asking for supervised visits) Thanks

CJane

It's Mom's job to prove that you're NOT fit. I wouldn't worry too awful much about providing witnesses to prove yourself.

Also, while MANY people will say they'd be more than happy to "Do anything" to help... when it comes right down to it, often they either can't or won't. Especially someone as busy as a physician.

gr8rn

Besides that, this psychiatrist has seen your interactions with your Mother, not with your child, correct? Not sure she would be able to testify to anything having to do with your interactions with your child, since she can only attest to how you interact with your Mother. Just my thought.

DAD09

Interactions with our son have been minimal. Mom has denied visits to me or various family members. I understand thats her right, don't understand why though.

DAD09

Its on the horizon (under 2 weeks). I've complied with every thing she wanted:
From my mother not being there when the baby was born to her mom holding the baby first (for good luck-that hurt). No cologne, and so on**************

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">