• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Abandonment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

35HOLMES

Georgia. My friends children mom filed an abandonment case against him and i would like to know what can he do? April of this year the mom ask if we would take the kids because she had no place to live. We took the kids in and we all agreed that we would keep the kids for a year. The two are always at odds so he ask her to sign a paper stating that he would have temporary custody for one year. However, when it came time to sign the papers she would not do it. We did not know why until the daughter said her mother gave up custody of the kids to their grandmother. That is when she dropped the child support order aganist him. We did not know why at the time. The grandmother would not sign the paper and the kids were returned to her when school started. The mother is angry because we do not give money to her but we go to the school and pay what they need, buy them clothes and shoes, and talk to them every day on the phone. So how was she able to file this case if she has no legal rights?

Last edited:

Neal1421

Please don't post with the first letter of every word capitalized.

It makes it very hard for people to read it.

Silverplum

Georgia. My friends children mom filed an abandonment case against him and i would like to know what can he do? April of this year the mom ask if we would take the kids because she had no place to live. We took the kids in and we all agreed that we would keep the kids for a year. The two are always at odds so he ask her to sign a paper stating that he would have temporary custody for one year. However, when it came time to sign the papers she would not do it. We did not know why until the daughter said her mother gave up custody of the kids to their grandmother. That is when she dropped the child support order aganist him. We did not know why at the time. The grandmother would not sign the paper and the kids were returned to her when school started. The mother is angry because we do not give money to her but we go to the school and pay what they need, buy them clothes and shoes, and talk to them every day on the phone. So how was she able to file this case if she has no legal rights?
NO one knows. This is far too complicated and third-hand to figure out on a message board. Tell your friend to consult a local attorney, and to bring along ALL paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">