• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

child coustody modification( please help)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilmidniteangel

i am looking for any type of advise that might help me. my ex has physicall coustody of our three girls. i have them everyday from 7am to 5pm while he works and overnite on wed. and thur. and every other weekend.none of this is in writting though ,so if i do something that he doesnt aprove of or if i try to argue with him ,he threatens me, that i wont get to see the girls. i have looked for a lawyer and tried everything i possiablly can .my funds are very limited so i am forced to let him have this control. i want to go back to court for my children but how???? is there a way i could get them back or even just have all of this down in writting ,so he cant bully me around any more ??

M

MissWhat

is any of this court ordered?
if not I would think you should have the same rights to the children as he does...at least that is the way it is in Virginia

L

lilmidniteangel

the only thing court ordered is that he has physicall coustody and i am granted reasonable visitaion..(which is on wed from six to 8 and everyother weekend)

M

MissWhat

sounds like it would hurt him with day care if stops you from getting them during the day...but the way its playing out is like joint custody....

LegalBeagle

lilmidniteangel said:
i am looking for any type of advise that might help me. my ex has physicall coustody of our three girls. i have them everyday from 7am to 5pm while he works and overnite on wed. and thur. and every other weekend.none of this is in writting though ,so if i do something that he doesnt aprove of or if i try to argue with him ,he threatens me, that i wont get to see the girls. i have looked for a lawyer and tried everything i possiablly can .my funds are very limited so i am forced to let him have this control. i want to go back to court for my children but how???? is there a way i could get them back or even just have all of this down in writting ,so he cant bully me around any more ??
Your only option is to either retain an attorney for a court battle or learn how to petition the courts yourself. I suggest you do nothing until 'something' happens that changes your current situation.

C

crystal2

I suggest that you look into filing for modification yourself. A lot of places have law libraries or self help centers where you can find out what steps to take. I dont know why your husband has physical custody, but if you havent been in legal trouble and are a stable person, I dont see why you shouldnt be able to get more visitation. If you have been taking care of the kids for awhile, I dont see why a judge wouldnt let you continue

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">