• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody across state lines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TnyTwister

What is the name of your state? California

Per the Orange County Court, I have primary custody of my daughter and now reside in Texas. My ex-wife has visitation rights and resides in Laguna Beach, CA.

My daughter is 15 years old and informed me that she will not be returning home. Does she have the right to make this decision? If not, who should I contact to enforce the court order?

I want my daughter to return home. Her mother is unemployed and has no transportation.

Neal1421

TnyTwister said:
What is the name of your state? California

Per the Orange County Court, I have primary custody of my daughter and now reside in Texas. My ex-wife has visitation rights and resides in Laguna Beach, CA.

My daughter is 15 years old and informed me that she will not be returning home. Does she have the right to make this decision? If not, who should I contact to enforce the court order?

I want my daughter to return home. Her mother is unemployed and has no transportation.
No, your child cannot make that decision on her own. You are the adult, go get your child.

NotSoNew

you go to pick up your child, and if need be and the police are called you show them your court order and be on your way!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">