• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody & Child Support; Why does Child Support Increase Threaten Child Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

FLMAMA

Child Custody & Child Support; Why does Child Support Increase Threaten Child Custody

What is the name of your state? Florida

I filed for an increase in child support in 2000, shortly after received a hearing due to his arrearage. We were referred to mediation for his contempt on that issue when the Hearing Officer ordered us to mediation. After we did not resolve anything, the day after, he filed for custody. There is nothing on me. I am a former police officer. He is a long-distance truck driver with a string of domestic violence issues with me and his current paramore. We are finally going to trial after almost 3 years of pre-trial's and 2 mediations. This is rediculous. Now, I 've spent all this money on an attorney meanwhile, he has yet to pay arrearage, 1/2 of non covered medical expenses and insurance. He is paying $500 for 2 kids per month making $35,000 and me taking a decrease from law enforcement to an office job so I can be home by 5pm every day. How did this even get this far? Why do we allow the justice system to see what this is all about...Money! Help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">