• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody dealing with grandparents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Melissa Bryant

The state that I am living in now is Utah.My daughter is
14 years old.I had her with my boyfriend at the time and we were never married and there was never any court orders over
custody.I moved in with my parents when she was 6 months old.When she was 4 years old I got married(not to the biological father)My daughter lived part time with my parents and part time with me at the urging of my mother who
told me it would be easier on my new husband to "get to know" my daughter better.At the time it sounded like a good idea.My daughter was put into a private school at the age of 5 near my parents house which was no where near mine so
throgh the years we allowed her to stay at my parents so that she could continue going to the same school.When she was 10 we moved her to Seattle with us.This was short lived as my mother would call her Three times a day to ask her how she was and to tell her how much she missed her.Everytime she would call myt daughter would burst into tears and wuold feel guilty because she had "left" my mother.After 4 months I allowed her to move back to Scottsdale,Az with my parents and moved back shortly after as I did not want to be that far away.After this I slowly started loosing control over her yet still remained in her life as her mother.Not too long after we moved back to AZ my
husband had to transfer to Utah for his job.This was where the present problems started.It was a huge blow out when we said we were moving out of state again.My mother went to a
lawyer(I did not know this at the time)to find out about her
rights as a grandparent.My husband said that he was tired over the fighting with my daughter and said that I should just give up and let it go on as it was calling and visiting as much as possible.I guess I was not strong enough
because I gave in not wanting to cause problems with my parents,my husband,or least of all my daughter.Now she is 14 and my parents are moving to Naples,Fla and they and she thinks that she is moving with them.This has now gone too
far and I want to know what I can do to move her up with me to Utah for good.Please advise me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">