• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody - Default Judgment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Leigh Wray

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia.

I have filed a motion of contempt of court against my ex for violating visitation rights and harassment. I have to wait 30 days before I can contact the judge's office for a court date. My ex's lawyer filed an emergency hearing, according to the clerk's office, that was held on Monday. I was not notified of the hearing. The judgment was not in my favor and I did not have a chance to tell my side. Now I have to file with the court to set the motion aside. I make to much for legal aid assistance and to little to hire a lawyer, how do I do this without a lawyer.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia.

I have filed a motion of contempt of court against my ex for violating visitation rights and harassment. I have to wait 30 days before I can contact the judge's office for a court date. My ex's lawyer filed an emergency hearing, according to the clerk's office, that was held on Monday. I was not notified of the hearing. The judgment was not in my favor and I did not have a chance to tell my side. Now I have to file with the court to set the motion aside. I make to much for legal aid assistance and to little to hire a lawyer, how do I do this without a lawyer.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
what was the emergency hearing about? did you get a copy of the results?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">