• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody hearing in PA on 2/20

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmillar123

My ex has filed with the court in PA - accusing me of violating the terms of our child custody agreement. He verbally requested to change his weekly visitation days over the past year. I have consistently granted the days he requested (although they are not the days specified in the agreement.) In addition, any special arrangements I asked for - he either verbally agreed to or thru e-mail (voicing no objections to any requests I made) Now he is mad at me and accusing me of violating the agreement.

How much weight does the court but on verbal agreements? If he agreed to special arrangements and did not voice any objections - can I be held in violation of the agreement. If he verbally committed to a day and consistently called last minute stating that he had to work on his day off - can he be held in violation of a verbal agreement?

jyoung

courts don't generally recognize verbal agreements unless the judge has the opportunity to approve them. If there is a lot of documentation, evidence, etc. there might be some
consideration of it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">