• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child Custody if one parent moves to another state?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cristen

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Hello,
My ex-husband has decided to move to Delaware to be with his new girlfriend. Though he claims it's because of job opportunities.
He wants to revise the custody arrangement so that he will have our 4 yr old daughter for the entire summer and all holidays.
I of course do not want to agree to that arrangement. What is the likelihood that he would be granted this arrangement?

Thank you

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

Hello,
My ex-husband has decided to move to Delaware to be with his new girlfriend. Though he claims it's because of job opportunities.
He wants to revise the custody arrangement so that he will have our 4 yr old daughter for the entire summer and all holidays.
I of course do not want to agree to that arrangement. What is the likelihood that he would be granted this arrangement?

Thank you
More like half to two-thirds of the summer months, half of all other school breaks, and rotating holidays is a very standard long-distance visitation schedule.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">