• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Child custody modification examples

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
The title of your thread is: Child custody modification examples. The implication is that you desire to modify CUSTODY. It's unfortunate that you weren't clear about your intent earlier.
"it wasn't 'relevant'"...

CJane

You were told a year ago that you didn't have a change in circumstances - I'm not sure why you think you have one now.

I GET that it's a PITA to drive 45 minutes +/- each way in order to get kiddo to school, or participate in her activities, or whatever. And I GET that it's frustrating that you do all of that, with that drive time, and Mom doesn't appear to do any of it. But all of that is just a big pile of whatever to the courts.

My advice is the same as it was last year. It's still absurd to say "I can provide the child with stability if you'll only uproot her from her school/friends/etc, and let her attend school in my district."

That said, I'm involved in a cross-country relocation case right now. I'm asking the courts to allow me to uproot my kids from the only town/school they've ever attended (and they're a soon-to-be senior in HS and a soon-to-be freshman). It took a LOT of soul searching and thinking and conversing with the kids, and talking to other military parents, and talking to school counselors and teachers before I decided that such a change would be in my kids' best interests. It really isn't as simple as "this sure would be easier on me", which is really the only thing that comes through in your postings.

CJane

Oh hogwash. It was relevant enough that you used it as the title for your thread! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Again, it's a pity that you weren't clear on your intentions from the beginning.

I suspect that he WAS clear about his intentions. Until he was reminded that he doesn't have a change in circumstances. Then his intentions changed. Just *snap* just like that.

gam

My job is to provide the best environment I can for my daughter. I learned, the hard way, that being ignorant of my rights and how to exercise them can ( and did ) interfere with that. But more than that, hearing contrary opinions of my choices encourages me to consider more than just my perspective.

I will at least consult with an attorney before I file but I need to be better educated as to the process so I, at least, have a basis for comparison of attorney quality.

Learned that the hard way, too.

Thank you all for your input. I, as ever, appreciate it.
You can get different opinions by posting the truth from the get go, no need to mislead and as you can see the regular senior posters here have a way of getting your intention out of you anyways. Now you look bad, they are not happy with you and your going to find that in the future they are not going to bother to give you any opinion. Response is going to be "go pay your lawyer".

Nothing wrong with coming here and saying, my perspective sees it this way, hey guys how do you see it, I need to see if my perspective needs to be changed. You'll get everyone's opinion, no one here is shy about posting their opinion. But how you expect to get a correct opinion when you mislead or lie is beyond me. It just points to you lying or misleading even more, you don't want another perspective, you want to find a way to make your perspective work in the system. Not gonna happen.

olhobbes

You can get different opinions by posting the truth from the get go, no need to mislead and as you can see the regular senior posters here have a way of getting your intention out of you anyways. Now you look bad, they are not happy with you and your going to find that in the future they are not going to bother to give you any opinion. Response is going to be "go pay your lawyer".

Nothing wrong with coming here and saying, my perspective sees it this way, hey guys how do you see it, I need to see if my perspective needs to be changed. You'll get everyone's opinion, no one here is shy about posting their opinion. But how you expect to get a correct opinion when you mislead or lie is beyond me. It just points to you lying or misleading even more, you don't want another perspective, you want to find a way to make your perspective work in the system. Not gonna happen.
I apologize if it appeared I was misleading, that wasn't my intention. My concern was to find the information I requested ( examples ), not so much the opinions of the helpful folks here. I value their opinions, of course, but that wasn't why I created this thread. Had I been actively seeking those, I would have included far more information about the situation than I have.

In my training, you only communicate information which is relevant to your goal.

Still, no harm, no foul. I appreciate the answers I've received and thank all for their input.

CJane

I apologize if it appeared I was misleading, that wasn't my intention. My concern was to find the information I requested ( examples ), not so much the opinions of the helpful folks here. I value their opinions, of course, but that wasn't why I created this thread. Had I been actively seeking those, I would have included far more information about the situation than I have.

In my training, you only communicate information which is relevant to your goal.

Still, no harm, no foul. I appreciate the answers I've received and thank all for their input.
You ASKED for forms/formats for a CUSTODY change, though. When, in fact, that's not what you wanted. You WANT "forms/formats" for changing the SCHOOL stated in the custody order.

So, by withholding what you saw as irrelevant information, you were never going to get what you needed anyway.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney

Your goal is to write a successful motion, right? As such, the opinions ARE helpful. The information you want is not readily available because your goal is not readily attainable.

olhobbes

Your goal is to write a successful motion, right? As such, the opinions ARE helpful. The information you want is not readily available because your goal is not readily attainable.
I do have a lot of work in front of me, no doubts. That's why I'm starting now, so I'm ready when the time comes.

Yes, the opinions *are* helpful. I completely agree, which is why my intention was to post another thread with the relevant information prior to filing but after I had researched previous filings.

mmmagique

The volunteers here prefer for querents to keep all of their questions in one thread so they don't have to search through other threads to follow along. :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">